@Bladewillisisdead A list would be cool, but I can't promise I'd get around to much until summer. I prioritize school and music equally, and once school lets out, I'm gonna be hearing like 3-4 new (to me) albums a day. I can make room for a movie at that point, though, especially if I'm watching with my girlfriend. 

8 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Is that when they all release? 

Yep. You can call a week in advance for like an $8 fee but I'd forget by then, so as far as I'm concerned, June 1st is the day. Access it with a collegeboard.com account, which you should make and attach your AP number to. 

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

I just made myself a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato and sriracha ranch dressing, I'm fat and happy now for Tortoise got to leave to meet friends shortly

We're the same!! I made a turkey, bacon and avocado sandwich with tomato, muenster cheese, and honey mustard. I used my waffle maker to make it into a ghetto panini and I'm going to see Tortoise tomorrow too..

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

@Bladewillisisdead A list would be cool, but I can't promise I'd get around to much until summer. I prioritize school and music equally, and once school lets out, I'm gonna be hearing like 3-4 new (to me) albums a day. I can make room for a movie at that point, though, especially if I'm watching with my girlfriend. 

I'll be sure to include some movies that will be incredibly awkward to sit through with your girlfriend.

Also, just watch fucking Robocop. No reason, I just refuse to tolerate people not having seen Robocop.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'll be sure to include some movies that will be incredibly awkward to sit through with your girlfriend.

Also, just watch fucking Robocop. No reason, I just refuse to tolerate people not having seen Robocop.

Murphy, it's you! It is you...

OKAY I FOUND TIME TRAVEL. I MUST'VE GONE TO 2005 NY BECAUSE I JUST FOUND AN ORIGINAL POWERSLAVE AT THE OTHER ZIA FOR $5 HYPEHYPEHYPE.

Also great because my dad is convinced they're satanic. Because, yknow, the best way to determine that is to pull lyrics out of context in order to try to prove a point that was never intended to be there, or as I like to call it, the Fox News approach to music. FUCK YOU AND YOUR RELIGIOUS/POLITICAL BULLSHIT DAD.

2 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

OKAY I FOUND TIME TRAVEL. I MUST'VE GONE TO 2005 NY BECAUSE I JUST FOUND AN ORIGINAL POWERSLAVE AT THE OTHER ZIA FOR $5 HYPEHYPEHYPE.

Also great because my dad is convinced they're satanic. Because, yknow, the best way to determine that is to pull lyrics out of context in order to try to prove a point that was never intended to be there, or as I like to call it, the Fox News approach to music. FUCK YOU AND YOUR RELIGIOUS/POLITICAL BULLSHIT DAD.

Let him listen to Beastmaker and Electric Wizard  :blink:

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Let him listen to Beastmaker and Electric Wizard  :blink:

I hate him so much not only because his view is so fucked, but because he is so damn dense about it. He tried to tell me Sympathy for the Devil is satanic because of the name of the song but if you listen to the lyrics it's actually got a pretty valid point (I interpret it to be saying that people need to quit blaming evil actions in the world on the devil and for people to take responsibility for themselves/their actions. Pretty thoroughly dissected it last time he started up). He wouldn't even listen to me, instead telling me that I was spreading the word of Satan. Fuck him, that's horse shit.

Unrelated but I need to vent and have nowhere to do it.

That family friend of ours who is in the hospital and has really late stage cancer that they put into a medical coma was brought out today and is doing better. The first thing my mom said when she got the call was "oh my god, my prayers worked". Not "Oh my god, my friend is okay", but I've been watching for the past few days her totally stress out and pray non stop because she has herself convinced that it's her fault if she dies and that it just means she didn't pray hard enough. It's fucked that is the view by so many people, blaming themselves for something they have absolutely no control over. Even pretending that the whole Catholic thing is entirely true, if a god has a divine plan, why would you essentially nagging him change his plan of infinite wisdom? I've also heard that "well, he just knows the outcome, he doesn't make everyone's decisions for them" as an explanation for free will, but then are you trying to tell me that this god of infinite mercy is only willing to allow someone to live if you dedicate enough time to asking him to make it happen? That sounds fucked too. I am just so angry that I've been watching family and friends blaming themselves for something that they can't control for years. It isn't your fault she isn't doing well. It isn't anyone's fault. There isn't anything you can do to change it, and there's no level that prayer makes sense on.

Sorry for my ramble, I am just about to beat my head against the wall because it just upsets me so much that people are blaming themselves for someone else not recovering from an illness. It's just so illogical and upsetting to me to see people I care about beating themselves up like this and have nowhere else to bitch because god forbid I say something at home or around anyone because then I am some horrible heretic who has been converted by too many Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden records.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic