I've tried gluten free, and dairy free diets, I've quit smoking cigarettes, and I've tried a few different herbal supplements but nothing works, I've sure it's exacerbated by anxiety like Thomas says. The last 3 times I tried to stop taking the prilosec within a week I've woken up in the middle of the night and vomited multiples times for 30 min-1 hour sessions. So I just try to stick to the stomach meds

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I have not. I'm scared to google it, since I'm sure I fit it.

I just learned about it and I'm 99% sure I have it. It's basically an internal OCD where you obsess over negative thoughts and graphic mental images of bad things occurring. It's also called mental-OCD / mOCD.

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I've tried gluten free, and dairy free diets, I've quit smoking cigarettes, and I've tried a few different herbal supplements but nothing works, I've sure it's exacerbated by anxiety like Thomas says. The last 3 times I tried to stop taking the prilosec within a week I've woken up in the middle of the night and vomited multiples times for 30 min-1 hour sessions. So I just try to stick to the stomach meds

:( I'm really sorry that you have to go thru all that. I'm glad the stomach meds work at least.

God dammit, I hate social media it just reminded me my friend who recently committed suicide would have been 28 today. That's my 4th friend I've lost that way, and I can draw so many parallels to myself with all 4. Everyone just didn't feel like this world had a place for them, and just wanted to live a life that wasn't in line with how normal society functioned. I'm definitely not in that kind of place myself especially with a change of place and a second chance just a few months away and the support system I have, it's just a downer.

12 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Are you having any pain associated with it, or just getting sick? I know a few people who have had their gallbladders removed due to getting pretty sick late at night, and they also seemed to have pain on their side/back I think?

@futures Sending positive vibes your way, wonderful lady! If anyone deserves the best, it's definitely you <3

Just now, chkadea said:

Are you having any pain associated with it, or just getting sick? I know a few people who have had their gallbladders removed due to getting pretty sick late at night, and they also seemed to have pain on their side/back I think?

@futures Sending positive vibes your way, wonderful lady! If anyone deserves the best, it's definitely you <3

just getting sick, both my father and sister have similar issues and we all just take prilosec

2 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

God dammit, I hate social media it just reminded me my friend who recently committed suicide would have been 28 today. That's my 4th friend I've lost that way, and I can draw so many parallels to myself with all 4. Everyone just didn't feel like this world had a place for them, and just wanted to live a life that wasn't in line with how normal society functioned. I'm definitely not in that kind of place myself especially with a change of place and a second chance just a few months away and the support system I have, it's just a downer.

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Sending positive vibes your way too.

5 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

All the best,  Hep blows

Yes :( thank you.

A family friend got pricked with a used needle when he worked at a hospital years ago and contracted hep c. he recently beat it! It had to have been 15 years he lived with it and was very sick at times. super scary. i do not want that :( 

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Sounds about right for me :(

My parents know a chronic illness therapist/nutritionist so almost as soon as I learned about this condition i called her up for an appt. Hopefully she can help me. You can always PM me if you want to talk about it some more. When my friend told me about it (she has it) it was such a relief to be able to relate to someone. it made me feel more comfy about the thoughts and images my brain would come up with. lately it's been 100% liver disease thoughts and it's driving me crazy.

3 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Thank you! & good call with the gallbladder. That's a good possibility. Gallbladder issues are genetic, too.

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

You're not alone, somehow I started off with The Cure's Faith.... Bummedoutingtons, seat for 2?

My buddy basically told me last night, instead of the one Cure show in Miami, we're doing both and he'd buy the tickets for the second day. They played two shows in New Orleans back to back and the sets both nights were completely different and fully amazing. I told him sure fucking thing I'll go see The Cure back to back!

Just now, NapalmBrain said:

I've had CAT scans twice and no ulcers came up but would a gall bladder issue show?

They usually do an ultrasound of the gallbladder. I've had it done twice, but it also shows "normal" during the tests. They said it could still be bad, but the stones or whatever clear up by the time I get the test done. My dad had his out, so it wouldn't surprise me mine is bad. I'd ask your doctor to have it checked, just to be safe. The removal surgery is nothing anymore. I know James had his out last year.

Just now, THE_James_Champ said:

My buddy basically told me last night, instead of the one Cure show in Miami, we're doing both and he'd buy the tickets for the second day. They played two shows in New Orleans back to back and the sets both nights were completely different and fully amazing. I told him sure fucking thing I'll go see The Cure back to back!

I'm jealous

Just now, THE_James_Champ said:

I love you, but ultimately hate you because I'm not you for those two night.... 

Clipboard01_zpstw3lpajl.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

They usually do an ultrasound of the gallbladder. I've had it done twice, but it also shows "normal" during the tests. They said it could still be bad, but the stones or whatever clear up by the time I get the test done. My dad had his out, so it wouldn't surprise me mine is bad. I'd ask your doctor to have it checked, just to be safe. The removal surgery is nothing anymore. I know James had his out last year.

1 minute ago, chkadea said:

It can present as an inflamed liver I want to say - looks very similar to Hep C. Also the vomit is more on the edge of bile.

Sometimes it is bile, ill have it checked out soon thanks

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm jealous

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I love you, but ultimately hate you because I'm not you for those two night.... 

Clipboard01_zpstw3lpajl.jpg

I'm jealous of myself, but I seriously can't wait to see The Cure again. It's been 12 years. Check out the two sets though....

Night 1

Night 2

8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I've had CAT scans twice and no ulcers came up but would a gall bladder issue show?

Like others have said, it's usually an ultrasound. They checked my gallbladder yesterday when scanning the liver and kidneys. The tech had a student in there with her and she wanted to use me as practice for the student and they were like "we're gonna do the liver, gallbladder, kidneys, and spleen." and I was like "I don't have a spleen" and they were all like :blink: so I was a bad test patient for the student lol.

6 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

My mom had hers out as well. I guess that could be my issue, too, but I have 0 pain. I'm usually completely asymptomatic whenever something bad happens to me so that's not saying much.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic