1 hour ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I just found an original all pressing Aeroplane Over the Sea for $15. Hype. 

Why would anyone pay more than $15 for that?

I love that album, but I've bought (and lost to exes) multiple copies of that album and never paid more than $15.

If I go to finally replace my last copy and I have to pay more than $15 I'm gonna be pissed.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

16 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Why would anyone pay more than $15 for that?

I love that album, but I've bought (and lost to exes) multiple copies of that album and never paid more than $15.

If I go to finally replace my last copy and I have to pay more than $15 I'm gonna be pissed.

You can have my RP for cheap if you need one.

This is the 97 original. It's worth ~$40

Couple things.

1) I can't post from mobile any more for some reason.

2) Neutral Milk Hotel is an awesome band and ITAOTS is a great but OVERHYPED album. It was brilliant when it came out, but I hate that it has become the cliche go-to indie folk album.

3) Sonic Youth are rad.

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Couple things.

1) I can't post from mobile any more for some reason.

2) Neutral Milk Hotel is an awesome band and ITAOTS is a great but OVERHYPED album. It was brilliant when it came out, but I hate that it has become the cliche go-to indie folk album.

3) Sonic Youth are rad.

Overhyped but I still love it. I think 90% of things that are highly regarded are too hyped just due to the nature of being highly regarded and therefore regularly hyped

8 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Overhyped but I still love it. I think 90% of things that are highly regarded are too hyped just due to the nature of being highly regarded and therefore regularly hyped

NMH and specifically ITAOTS is in a realm all its own though. I love it too, I have the NMH boxset that I bought right when it came out when Jeff Mangum started touring again. Homeboy is incredible live.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

NMH and specifically ITAOTS is in a realm all its own though. I love it too, I have the NMH boxset that I bought right when it came out when Jeff Mangum started touring again. Homeboy is incredible live.

I want the box but shipping from their store is dumb. OP will tide me over for now

Just now, Issei Hyoudou said:

I want the box but shipping from their store is dumb. OP will tide me over for now

I think mine ended up costing me like $80 total since I got it at the show directly from him.

I will say when I was 21 and standing next to him at a show right before he came out of seclusion...I lost my shit a little bit. That whole collective is super talented.

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. Hope you had fun last night King. Ringing in the ears is something that anyone who's spent enough time going to shows in VFWs and small show halls knows all too well. 

I used to judge the kids wearing earplugs. Now I'm like "Oh, I bet those kids don't have a permanent ringing in their ears like me...fuck"

I'll see if I still have my Nothing and Turnover codes for you.

My tongue is still bothering me, and it's really starting to freak me out. I still can't see anything, so hopefully it's just me being hyperaware of an irritation and not something worse. I really need to stop smoking, because I don't want it to be something worse. I guess I need to go to the dentist this week to get it looked at.

37 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Anyone have DL codes (or could upload) for Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost, Nothing - ToT, Turnover - Peripheral Vision?

Keep missing them in the DL codes thread because lurkers. 

My Holy Ghost just shipped and I'll give you my DL code when it gets here!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic