Yeah. They called me in to tell me I was overlooked for a job because they need me in the support section and that they have "plans" for me when the system goes away. I got $1/hr raise, which is sorta BS since the other job was like $4/hr more. I also have to train another new person, which I hate doing. I'm kinda pissed about the whole thing. They won't give me details on what the plans are.

18 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah. They called me in to tell me I was overlooked for a job because they need me in the support section and that they have "plans" for me when the system goes away. I got $1/hr raise, which is sorta BS since the other job was like $4/hr more. I also have to train another new person, which I hate doing. I'm kinda pissed about the whole thing. They won't give me details on what the plans are.

That sucks dude. Kinda weird for HR to actually admit you got overlooked for a job. But look at the positive, any raise it nice and hopefully that "system" goes away sooner than later

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

They have no clue, since it was supposed to be done at the end of last year and it's not. They are guessing 4th quarter 2017 for the entire roll out, but we'll see. I don't plan on sticking around. I really hate talking on the phone all day, it's the worst.

Yea don't blame ya. That's a long ways away

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

It could have been worse

9 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

For sure, and i kinda wish it almost was. You all know how much I love my job.

It's lightning like crazy out, I love it. Too bad I'm having a horrible panic attack for some reason. I love sweating profusely when it's 68F in my house with the AC on. It's miserably humid out.

Yeah, what they said is an HR issue... they gave you money and a vague "promise" of the future to make it go away.

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Yeah, what they said is an HR issue... they gave you money and a vague "promise" of the future to make it go away.

Pretty much, It is what it is for now. The extra dollar is ok, so whatever.

Morning all. I feel like you today Ghost, I think I got 3 hours of sleep last night. For some reason I wanted to know where my SS card was, since it was in my wallet for a few days because I had to bring it in to work. I have no clue what I did with it, and ripped my house apart and can't find it. Though this all happened after I knew I could not sleep.

It's also already super hot and humid out. I'm so ready for fall and 50-60's temps.

Edit: My MIA package showed up in town today!

Edited by Thomas³

38 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning all. I feel like you today Ghost, I think I got 3 hours of sleep last night. For some reason I wanted to know where my SS card was, since it was in my wallet for a few days because I had to bring it in to work. I have no clue what I did with it, and ripped my house apart and can't find it. Though this all happened after I knew I could not sleep.

It's also already super hot and humid out. I'm so ready for fall and 50-60's temps.

Yes bring on fall. I HATE the summer. Today is my Friday and got the next 4 days off to have fun with the kiddos before my oldest starts first grade next week. So ready for a mini vay cay

Edited by KingTacoMunster

Hey guys, so I was wondering if anyone would have any insight on this matter. About a month and a half ago my girlfriend was hanging out with a friend and my gf had started getting a shooting pain in her leg. They were about to leave and she stood up, got lightheaded, her hearing went out, she maintained consciousness, but fainted.  I came and got her and we went to the ER, but they didn't know what was going on. They just gave her an IV and told her to take it easy for the next few days. Fast forward to 5 weeks later (last Wednesday), we were having lunch and she started to feel sick and she stood up and got the same light headed feeling. We sat there for a while and I took her to the ER and again, they don't know what was/is going on.  It's just speculation on their part.  She doesn't have insurance so she doesn't have a PCP and I think the next step is that, so they can do more involved tests and get to the bottom of it.  I feel like it's a circulation problem but I don't know. 

I got about four. I had been staying up until 4 or 5AM all summer and sleeping late but my body hasn't shifted back yet so I can't sleep until after midnight. 

I go see Periphery and Chon tomorrow so that'll be fun. Work tonight though.

54 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Hey guys, so I was wondering if anyone would have any insight on this matter. About a month and a half ago my girlfriend was hanging out with a friend and my gf had started getting a shooting pain in her leg. They were about to leave and she stood up, got lightheaded, her hearing went out, she maintained consciousness, but fainted.  I came and got her and we went to the ER, but they didn't know what was going on. They just gave her an IV and told her to take it easy for the next few days. Fast forward to 5 weeks later (last Wednesday), we were having lunch and she started to feel sick and she stood up and got the same light headed feeling. We sat there for a while and I took her to the ER and again, they don't know what was/is going on.  It's just speculation on their part.  She doesn't have insurance so she doesn't have a PCP and I think the next step is that, so they can do more involved tests and get to the bottom of it.  I feel like it's a circulation problem but I don't know. 

Almost sounds like it could have been a clot or something, did they check to make sure there wasn't one that broke lose? It could be nothing too, just a weird vasovagal episode that happened and her leg is just a side effect. Does she have low blood pressure or anything like that?

Edited by Thomas³

a clot will maybe have signs of swelling or a pale blue coloration in some cases. they often take the role of a cramp or  have charlie horse symptoms. i wonder if the lightheadedness was from the pain?

i would have them consider it being a deep vein thrombosis too.

any shortness of breath?

DVT is very possible too. Did she do anything where she had to sit a lot longer than normal, fly or anything like that? DVT and clots (same thing really, DVT is just a clot in a vein instead of an artery) do have swelling and discoloration, but something like half the time they show no physical signs.

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Almost sounds like it could have been a clot or something, did they check to make sure there wasn't one that broke lose? It could be nothing too, just a weird vasovagal episode that happened and he leg is just a side effect. Does she have low blood pressure or anything like that?

The doc said that it wasn't one because the pain in her leg wasn't in a spot they typically associate with blood clots.  That's what i'm thinking; a vasovagal episode.  No, her blood pressure is fine.  Factors that were present in the first episode weren't present in the second episode and vise versa, so that rules out things such as being dehydrated and low iron.

38 minutes ago, texan4life said:

The doc said that it wasn't one because the pain in her leg wasn't in a spot they typically associate with blood clots.  That's what i'm thinking; a vasovagal episode.  No, her blood pressure is fine.  Factors that were present in the first episode weren't present in the second episode and vise versa, so that rules out things such as being dehydrated and low iron.

Typically is the key word there. I had a few vasovagal episodes when I was in my early 20's (which is what started my horrible anxiety issues, but that's something else too) and they could never tell me why. They thought I might have had low blood pressure since I was super skinny at the time. I only had a handful over a few months, then they stopped. The first one was like you said, I got super hot, dizzy and then just passed out. I never lost consciousness on the ones after, but always felt like I was going to. The leg pain is weird part of it all, but it could have been a crap due to the low oxygen from the episode.

29 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

ugh! sorry T, that's ridiculous

Super ridiculous. I'm over it all and applying for jobs like crazy. No point in brooding, just move on I guess.

Edited by Thomas³

So I'm hearing (unconfirmed by management) they gave the job to someone who has been here for 4 months. If so, I am walking away because that's bullshit. The curse of the good worker.

Burn the place down. They can consider that your 2 weeks notice.

4 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

a clot will maybe have signs of swelling or a pale blue coloration in some cases. they often take the role of a cramp or  have charlie horse symptoms. i wonder if the lightheadedness was from the pain?

i would have them consider it being a deep vein thrombosis too.

any shortness of breath?

Sorry, just saw your comment.  No, the lightheadedness was from standing up. 

I'll tell her to mention that when she goes to a PCP.

No, no shortness of breath.

So I'm hearing (unconfirmed by management) they gave the job to someone who has been here for 4 months. If so, I am walking away because that's bullshit. The curse of the good worker.

That's fucked up dude, sorry to hear that. Good luck with the job search.

15 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Typically is the key word there. I had a few vasovagal episodes when I was in my early 20's (which is what started my horrible anxiety issues, but that's something else too) and they could never tell me why. They thought I might have had low blood pressure since I was super skinny at the time. I only had a handful over a few months, then they stopped. The first one was like you said, I got super hot, dizzy and then just passed out. I never lost consciousness on the ones after, but always felt like I was going to. The leg pain is weird part of it all, but it could have been a crap due to the low oxygen from the episode.

Super ridiculous. I'm over it all and applying for jobs like crazy. No point in brooding, just move on I guess.

It's weird that they never even mentioned vasovagal.

Thanks for the info dude

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic