R.I.P- Spin Magazine

“Following the September/October issue, SPIN has halted publication of our print edition to invest more deeply in our digital properties, including SPIN.com, SPIN Play for iPad, and SPIN mobile. SPIN has been a pioneer in music journalism since 1985 and we hope you’ll continue to enjoy our leading editorial, photographic, and multi-media content online. Special arrangements have been made with alternative publishers to fulfill your SPIN print subscription for the remaining term: you will automatically receive your new magazine in the mail, with the option to ask for a full refund. We appreciate your patience during the transition of your subscription.”

I got two issues of Car and Driver in the mail today as a replacement for Spin. Which sucks because those are polar opposites of the spectrum for me. I'll read damn near anything but not a car magazine.

But I didn't care much for the new oversized format without music reviews anyway. And it was dirt cheap, which is the only reason I subscribed at all. 

I started getting RS delivered a few months ago because it was like 20 bucks for the year. They have really diversified their news articles to more political and current events in addition to the music. The music they cover is still very mainstream, while trying to be cool to the trends. That aspect seems forced while SPIN always seemed to be the alternative source