The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

you posted almost the exact same sentiment a week ago today. I'm really glad your opinion hasn't changed.

Every week that goes by that it isn't sold out, I'm more surprised.  I'll keep you updated if that changes though.

I don't think it sucks...

Same here.  One of my favorites actually.  I think I've said that already too.

I personally dislike the Raid music. Even if I didn't know it had a Linkin Park connection, it sounds like it does to me and it's not my taste. I have a feeling a lot of soundtrack collectors are generally not into that type of more modern sound. The ones that sell better or seem more popular are either soundtracks with hints of 70's/80's synth/drone sounds or big, orchestral scores, generally with really strong themes and cues.

So all that said, I think that has a lot to do with it. I think Oblivion wouldn't have gone as quick if it wasn't for the fact that ONLY the color version was available on their site.

I'm not bashing people's taste, or making a comment about the merrit of the music, just what I think is the reason the Raid stuck around longer than most of the releases.

I'm all about this Maniac soundtrack. It's amazing, the movie's awesome, and I like the art for it. I said it before, I'll order one because I like the art, even though I have the DW version coming too.

I hope Mondo goes back to more obscure soundtracks though. If they don't, I at least hope for some Elfman or some epic orchestral scores like Conan the Barbarian.

My wife and I and another couple use "didn't love it" when talking about things that our kids did that illicit a negative response.

But yeah, I can kind of agree with you on the artwork, but I'm still planning on getting this once I can spare the scratch.

I still need this, The Deadly Spawn, and the Mondo001 Maniac.

My wife and I and another couple use "didn't love it" when talking about things that our kids did that illicit a negative response.

But yeah, I can kind of agree with you on the artwork, but I'm still planning on getting this once I can spare the scratch.

If you don't care about the color I can save you a few bucks and sell you one for $20ppd. 

I sort of do the inverse my friends. If we like something it is "First of all.... I love it." To quote the great Tobias Funke. Now it mostly just gets shortened to "First of all...."