The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I think it depends on the # of international sales. If it's a little they'll probably keep them for store stock, if it's a lot I don't see why they wouldn't put them online.

Because they have had hundreds of releases and never put one up back for sale days after it has sold out.  Why would they start now? 

Because they have had hundreds of releases and never put one up back for sale days after it has sold out.  Why would they start now?

They've never sold exclusively to the US before, except for Maniac, which is bad to compare against because it sold out in 1 day. But, when Maniac sold out, the international orders got cancelled and the rest went up online... Could be similar for this release.

They've already said they are in no rush to ship these out so i don't see why waiting a few days to put up the extra copies would be an issue for them.

I'm not saying they will go back online, but saying "they never have before" is meaningless.. because they've never had a 3x2xLP US exclusive that took a few days to sell out before.

Maniac was back available within 30 minutes after it sold out.

Also, the Oblivion OST went back up a month after it was sold out on their site.

Also, apparently they're handling things differently when it comes to vinyl releases, of which there haven't been hundreds yet. So I'd say it isn't completely out of the question.

This will go back up and if not it will be sold Store-Wide in September and i'm sure that Mononoke and Spirited will be the ones sold, i asked and they don't have pressing info on this so this can't be all of it. Sucks i can't pick this up, really wanted to spin this.

Hey Royce, are you talking "store-wide" as just the gallery in Austin? 

Hey Royce, are you talking "store-wide" as just the gallery in Austin? 

No, the gallery is closed for now i guess and they won't be allowing store pickup on this anytime soon. I asked if waterloo was getting any copies and they emailed back saying that they should when this release is slated to go for sale store-wide in September.

No, the gallery is closed for now i guess and they won't be allowing store pickup on this anytime soon. I asked if waterloo was getting any copies and they emailed back saying that they should when this release is slated to go for sale store-wide in September.

Store-wide = mass release right (Amazon, record stores)? Like all previous mondo releases

I asked Mondo this :

Can I expect the Howls Moving Castle cover vinyl to come back in stock anytime soon because of the possibly cancelled international orders ( like you did with the Maniac OST) ? Thanks in advance

and they replied this :

Hi,

Unfortunately we had a very limited quantity of the Howl's Moving Castle version, so we do not expect to have any leftover. So sorry about that!

Take care,

Mary Rose

Mary Rose doesn't know what she's talking about. At least that's what I would like to believe. I didn't ask if there was leftovers, I asked if there were going to put the cancelled orders back up. BTW, anyone international got their order cancelled yet ?

Just out of curiosity, why is the howl variant so sought after? Is it because of the Japanese text on the cover? Movie wise I love all three but would rank Howl 2nd, with PM a close 3rd

I'm assuming the text and the fact that they had so few left over after SDCC for the "rest of us". Also, it's the coolest of all the variant colors IMO.