The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Does anyone know if the amazon listing had the catalog number on the preorder page? I'm assuming 013 unless they're saving that for a Friday the 13th soundtrack

Ps sorry for the spam of posts - I'm heading to work soon and I will stop

I read somewhere around the time of the ReAnimator release that Waxwork was going to do Friday the 13th. We'll see if that holds. I would've bet dollars to donuts that Death Waltz would have released Halloween, if even just in Britain. They made no secret about wanting that OST and they've released a half dozen other Carpenter/Carpenter and Howarth scores.

Seriously!! These are quadruple the rip online right now. I've already been contacted by two memebers about purchasing them, but they both wanted more than face value. One person wanted close to three times as much for one and the other asks how much I was "willing" to pay and then said never mind they were going to take it to eBay. Mondo vinyl corrupts absolutely.

2 members already contacted you about a flip? Poor taste ladies and gentlemen, poor taste.

wtf.gif $43 for 3 gimmicky 7"s is definitely bad, but the fact that you were willing to pay $51 is even crazier.

Not that crazy when you know these will at least retain its original price value and most likely only go up a bunch in value. If you decide you don't want them, you can at least get your money back by helping someone out. Certainly Better than passing on them now and then say 2 months from now wanting them and having to pay 3 times the cost to acquire them.

Yeah man, that sucks! If that is how you make your Ramen money do your thing I guess, but keep that shit on eBay.

Yes, one of the excuses why it was well abive cost was they needed to help their family out of a "hole." That's an utterly sympathetic position of course, but then I thought why are you buying $12 7"s if you're family is in debt? Oh, right. To flip them. Again, fine, but don't come at me like you're trying to do me a favor by price gouging. Just put your shit on eBay and be done with it.

Yes, one of the excuses why it was well abive cost was they needed to help their family out of a "hole." That's an utterly sympathetic position of course, but then I thought why are you buying $12 7"s if you're family is in debt? Oh, right. To flip them. Again, fine, but don't come at me like you're trying to do me a favor by price gouging. Just put your shit on eBay and be done with it.

these people are bottom feeders. best to ignore them.

the worst part is they act like they are "providing a service" - uh, no you're not. You are injecting yourself into a process that doesn't need you to prevent legitimate customers from buying something they actually want so that you can make an extra dollar.

I agree with all of this, but sadly it's nothing new and certainly not exclusive to vinyl collecting. Flip whatever you want, to whoever you want, for whatever price you can get. Just keep it out of my happy place. This is where I come to talk to other enthusiasts about vinyl and occasionally help one another out. It is not a cellphone kiosk at the mall. I said good day.

Haven't heard that excuse used on these very Mondo threads before... NOT.

I agree with all of this, but sadly it's nothing new and certainly not exclusive to vinyl collecting. Flip whatever you want, to whoever you want, for whatever price you can get. Just keep it out of my happy place. This is where I come to talk to other enthusiasts about vinyl and occasionally help one another out. It is not a cellphone kiosk at the mall. I said good day.

the end of your comment reminded me of this:

17321611.jpg