The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I have a question: has anyone who ordered multiple copies received multiple variants? (ie. ordered 2 copies, and received 2 variants)

it seems to me that if this is truly "random", that while unlikely, this instance would happen at least once.

it's "random" as to whether you'll get a black or variant if you order a single copy

it may be "random" if you order 2 copies as to whether you'll get 1 black/1 variant vs. 2 black copies

it would surely be "random" if you purchased a copy from your local record shop

in my opinion, it seems like they do try to help people out who order more than one copy. thus not as "random" if you order more than one copy. (with there still being a chance that you'd end up with 2 black copies)

I ordered 2 Halloween's direct from Mondo back in October, got 2 orange copies.

Wow you guys are still discussing this.

When the early Halloween shipments all turned out to be the variant, didn't Mondo state that they have no idea what copies are which once they receive the pressings.

But this wouldn't be a Mondo thread w/out timbrh2001, Real Talk & occasionally Justin Cole arguing about nothing.

This discussion can go on forever.

No one can really tell what the odds are you will get a variant.

Maybe only Mondo knows how this works but they won't tell if they do.

And yes did tell that when Halloween shipped.

But we do know the odds.. The chances of getting a variant for JP is 2/5. The people saying if you buy multiple copies, the better chance you get are technically right... But that's only because of basic math lol.

I'd bet a lot of times, if someone opens up their first copy and it's a variant, they will keep the other one sealed in an attempt not to devalue it when selling. Probably why you don't see as many double variants in orders.

I'd bet a lot of times, if someone opens up their first copy and it's a variant, they will keep the other one sealed in an attempt not to devalue it when selling. Probably why you don't see as many double variants in orders.

I opened the second hoping it was a black as I wanted both cuz black & orange just makes sense for Halloween :D . Had to buy one off Amazon when they were selling it to get a black. I still have 2 oranges.... guess I'll sell one some day, maybe. Fuck, now that I think of it I got 2 white Maniac's from Amazon & 2 turquoise Beyond's. Not sure if I'll ever sell them, probly just start an in home record museum of duplicates cuz i'm a big nerd ;)

Wow you guys are still discussing this.

When the early Halloween shipments all turned out to be the variant, didn't Mondo state that they have no idea what copies are which once they receive the pressings.

And more proof... (oh hey look, Halloween was released before Omen). But let's just continue ignoring these posts so we can continue arguing...

Interesting about the early Halloween's shipment all being variants.... mine took 5 weeks to even ship & I still managed to score.

Guest deleted

Oh and there was someone who had posted here that they bought multiple Drive copies and got all black. That was what? Their 5th release or so? So they definitely didn't start entirely randomizing during Omen.

Even if you contact them and ask them, they will tell you it's entirely random. Or should we just assume they're lying to everyone?

This is why, I believe, Mondo says it is "random"... they try to make the fans who order early and directly by supplying 1 variant/1black, but stuff happens. Imagine saying if you order 2 you will get 1 variant/1 black and then for whatever reason they can't fulfill orders that way... hello shitstorm! Or if they still had online stock of the record, imagine all of the emails asking "is the variant sold out yet"?  It is likely that when they give out 1 variant/1 black for early orders, they run out of the variant earlier because it is more limited.  Later orders they would ship both black.

So the guy who buys 4 copies of Mondo records every release (you), isn't a flipper but the guy who sparingly orders Mondo records at a very infrequent rate (me) is a flipper. Didn't you get banned for trolling, hence why you're now real"truth"?

You're absolutely out of your fucking mind. Just keep ignoring the fact that people order multiple copies and get all blacks. That way you'll still convince yourself that you're right.

Keep listening to this guy and order multiple copies, just don't blame me when Mondo sticks you with all their worthless black copies and you've gotta head to the secondary market to buy a copy at an inflated price.

Has anyone tried contacting Mondo and asking them? I have and have been told directly from their own mouths it's entirely random and that they don't know what they're shipping out. They must be lying...

I buy 2 for me, 2 for a friend who lives in an apartment for easier pickup (my mail lady puts it in my garage).

Low reading comprehension / selective ignoring of information on your part.  I didn't say you were a flipper for sure, presented it as 1 of 4 possible option because you seem to have a firm agenda of denial even though you say you don't care about variants... which by the way is fucking hilarious given the frequency you post here.  You are seriously full of contradictions all over this board... too many to discuss. 

Me getting banned has nothing to do with this.  Good job of when you don't have an argument go off topic and attack character!

You seem to keep missing the arguments for why Mondo would say it is random.  No way is it entirely random. 

That is the story they will stick to, again for the reasons above. I ordered right away and got 1 of each in both orders, my other friends too.  Probably a few people on the board.  We all did this against ridiculous odds.  Perhaps we should go to Vegas?

They have literally told me it's random.

To make their life easier and business run smoother rather than to be held to a strict standard.  

And more proof... (oh hey look, Halloween was released before Omen). But let's just continue ignoring these posts so we can continue arguing...

Your definition of "proof" is hilarious.  You work for CSI?

How about lets ignore the math on how fucking ridiculously improbable that it's entirely random?  I notice you didn't even touch upon that argument, which is perhaps the strongest.  Even using super conservative numbers to give beyond the shadow of the doubt you think it's random when the chances of me regularly getting variants is way less than 0.000001%

You seriously fail for not understanding this.  Any other point you make is literally moot.

(for the record I agree with timbrh2001, but let it go man, you're not going to get RT to concede) 

Before Jurassic Park dropped, TIMBRH was saying he'd literally never seen an 11:30 drop.  Funny thing was, the previous drop, The Visitor, dropped at almost exactly that time.  Then Jurassic Park dropped at almost that time too.  As well, MANY other Mondo releases have definitely dropped at almost exactly 11:30.

Odd comments and misleading information from TIMBRH, someone who says 'he just wants to help'.

Still, during that last discussion, I sensed that him being wrong and a few people finding that funny, seemed to be taking a toll on TIMBRH, so I just bowed out, said he's the Mondo pro with all the info and he +1'd me.  Then he brings it up again despite me trying to help him save some face.  Ass move.  

I'm pretty sure I've never seen him concede or just drop it.

It appears that's the case if he's gonna continue to ignore overwhelming evidence. Oh well, I'll drop it.

Hilarious what you call overwhelming evidence and you've tossed around the word "proof" more than once (which neither of us have, btw!)... what again is the overwhelming evidence?

I would say that the math is overwhelming, but perhaps you don't understand it.  That's fine.