The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Okay, so right off the bat, fun stuff...

dsc00940.jpg

dsc00943.jpg

Anyone received something like this before? It looks like a bubble, at first I thought it was some weird dent from the other side, but the other side is perfectly fine. These bumps (the second one is the smaller spot just bellow the big one) make the track completely unplayable, and it's the best one (Journey To The Island)

dsc00940.jpg

dsc00943.jpg

Anyone received something like this before? It looks like a bubble, at first I thought it was some weird dent from the other side, but the other side is perfectly fine. These bumps (the second one is the smaller spot just bellow the big one) make the track completely unplayable, and it's the best one (Journey To The Island)

You're not supposed to actually play Mondo variants! Those are for display purposes only. The black ones are for spinning.

Come on dude, seriously :) You're pretty on top of this thread, did anyone report anything similar? It seems too weird of an issue to be a one-off, the only way I can imagine this happening is a damaged stamper, but in that case the whole lot (however many they press with one set of stampers) would suffer the same problem.

Come on dude, seriously :) You're pretty on top of this thread, did anyone report anything similar? It seems too weird of an issue to be a one-off, the only way I can imagine this happening is a damaged stamper, but in that case the whole lot (however many they press with one set of stampers) would suffer the same problem.

No, you're the first to mention that kind of problem though I bet the ratio of people who collect Mondo variants for investment/collection purposes vs. people who actually put them on their TT is at least a 4:1 ratio so I wouldn't be surprised any potential issue hasn't been mentioned.  Badass TT, BTW.

dsc00940.jpg

dsc00943.jpg

WOW!, I know that is disappointing. It looks huge. Maybe you could just have the variant to admire and just play the black? Terrible.  

No, you're the first to mention that kind of problem though I bet the ratio of people who collect Mondo variants for investment/collection purposes vs. people who actually put them on their TT is at least a 4:1 ratio so I wouldn't be surprised any potential issue hasn't been mentioned. Badass TT, BTW.

Agreed. What kind of TT is that by the way?

Guest deleted

dsc00940.jpg

dsc00943.jpg

RARE INSECTS EMBEDDED IN VINYL FOR DNA EXTRACTION VARIANT 1/1!!!

No, you're the first to mention that kind of problem though I bet the ratio of people who collect Mondo variants for investment/collection purposes vs. people who actually put them on their TT is at least a 4:1 ratio so I wouldn't be surprised any potential issue hasn't been mentioned.  Badass TT, BTW.

Thanks man! Yeah, I can imagine many Mondo records never get played. I've contacted them, hopefully they can work something out.

Agreed. What kind of TT is that by the way?

It's a Clearaudio Solution. It's pretty much on the lower end of their product range, but they do make some insane stuff.

I would love a piece of art like that but I would need a huge  cover due to dust particles!

Yeah, I had a custom cover made because the official ones sell for roughly $400.

img2216.jpg

(couldn't find a better pic)

Thanks man! Yeah, I can imagine many Mondo records never get played. I've contacted them, hopefully they can work something out.

It's a Clearaudio Solution. It's pretty much on the lower end of their product range, but they do make some insane stuff.

Yeah, I had a custom cover made because the official ones sell for roughly $400.

img2216.jpg

(couldn't find a better pic)

Thank you for sharing! Again beautiful table and good to know you went with a cover! My OCD would drive me insane trying to sleep at night if I had that in my listening room....maybe one day  Ican upgrade to something better but for now I will admire others beauties~!

Oh and I got my jurassic park B version and it was a variant! WOOHOO! And I also got a split jacket but I will have to track down some Mondo glue to put it back together. For now it will just sit in the sleeve while I enjoy the music!

Version B had no randomly inserted variant. All 1000 copies of Version B are the translucent Amber, FWIW. 

I don't suppose by any small miracle anyone got an extra goonies poster? I've been away on holiday and I couldn't get any connection when they went up :(

Might be worth trying in the Mondo posters thread: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/72034-mondo-prints/page-85

I guess it's a long shot, but you never know.

dsc00940.jpg

dsc00943.jpg

Everyone is so concerned about the collectibility of Mondo records that nobody seems to care about the quality of their releases. 

Shame about that bubble thing or whatever. I'd ask for a replacement.

Not sure if anyone's noticed it or not, as I skipped through a bunch of pages of people whining and bitching at each other, but the insert for the Jurassic Park release claims that this particular release is the newly remastered 20 track 20th Anniversary release, which it is obviously not. Might be remastered, but the 4 extra tracks are obviously nowhere to be found. Also the last two tracks on Side D are oddly swapped in the wrong order. Was there an explanation for this that I somehow missed? 

Not sure if anyone's noticed it or not, as I skipped through a bunch of pages of people whining and bitching at each other, but the insert for the Jurassic Park release claims that this particular release is the newly remastered 20 track 20th Anniversary release, which it is obviously not. Might be remastered, but the 4 extra tracks are obviously nowhere to be found. Also the last two tracks on Side D are oddly swapped in the wrong order. Was there an explanation for this that I somehow missed? 

No, everyone was so concerned about variants and such that nobody paid attention to the actual content. It's a shame about those last two tracks, it really sucks.