The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

2 minutes ago, WalnutSoap said:

Scalping fellow record fans is pretty inexcusable, regardless of your chosen excuse.

So why is no one yelling at Sasen who has all kinds of stuff listed on Discogs for above cost?  Heck he is even saying negative things about me for doing, but it's ok if he does it?

Anyways, sure Ill be the dead horse you guys can beat on over and over again...it's both sad and funny.  

Carry on complaining, I'll be sitting here listening to some sweet new records.

15 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

And not Mondo related but Black Dragon Press put the remaining Kevin Tong "Ran" prints up this morning. Both sold out in less than 2 min. Legit bummed I missed that one.

I don't think Black Dragon Press had many available (20 of the variants, tops), but yeah that was a bloodbath. I'm waiting patiently for The Graduate to drop online. It's far and away my favorite print from MondoCon this year.

4 hours ago, slinch said:

I kind of feel like it's a bit over the line to throw out threats, regardless of how disgusting you feel his actions are. Not nearly the same thing, but I also feel shitty because the person offering to help out straight up stopped replying. At least with stl_ben you know what you get. 

Sorry if that was me. Wait, did we even talk about me grabbing you anything? Lol.

27 minutes ago, natenomm said:

I don't think Black Dragon Press had many available (20 of the variants, tops), but yeah that was a bloodbath. I'm waiting patiently for The Graduate to drop online. It's far and away my favorite print from MondoCon this year.

I got the email, saw both were still available, go to add japanese variant to cart, sold out. Go back to add regular to cart, sold out. Oh well.

23 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Sorry if that was me. Wait, did we even talk about me grabbing you anything? Lol.

Haha, yeah, I pinged you on Wednesday about any Le Matos piece you might be able to get. Not that you owed me anything, but it would be cool to hear back "hey I decided to hook up this other dude instead", so I'd have time to ask someone else. :)

Edited by slinch

4 minutes ago, slinch said:

Haha, yeah, I pinged you on Wednesday about any Le Matos piece you might be able to get. Not that you owed me anything, but it would be cool to hear back "hey I decided to hook up this other dude instead", so I'd have time to ask someone else. :)

Ah fahk. I thought that the guy I hooked up was you when I was texting all of these numbers. I made a damn list and started to get confused at who asked for what. Shit, I probably could have scored two if I had remembered you asked. I think I might have literally been the only one to go besides Ben there, right?

Edited by tetsuodaironman

2 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Ah fahk. I thought that the guy I hooked up was you when I was texting all of these numbers. I made a damn list and started to get confused at who asked for what. Shit, I probably could have scored two if I had remembered you asked. I think I might have literally been the only one to go besides Ben there, right?

Haha, it's all good, at least now I got some closure :D

23 minutes ago, Unique Antics said:
Sleepy Hollow and Wall-E are getting variant releases later this week in case you missed out.

Oh thats cool, thanks. Give me some more time to rewatch Sleepy Hollow. Also I'm a crazy person with the Jason Edmiston original artwork "Pennsylvania" in my cart... cost $2,500. I'm not gonna do it but, holy fuck its perfect.

29 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

I think I might have literally been the only one to go besides Ben there, right?

That show was great wasn't it?  I got my Le Matos LP signed after the show but my Turbo Kid was already in my Hotel room.  That show was for sure worth the wait (even if by the end I was very tired.)

2 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Oh I used to be into the Hot Wheels world around 1998-2002,  Never found any of the Treasure Hunts though as it was pretty competitive around where I lived.  But yeah as I stated above I helped multiple people out with this trip to Mondo Con, and do the same every year at SDCC.  Just impossible to help everyone and have a good time and certain people like to complain if you don't help them out specifically.

Good luck with that.  

I hear ya man. We all try to do what we can when we can. As for hot wheels, I got lucky, worked at Rite Aid during college and our managers would order pallets of those cases. Back in the day we even had the box codes so we knew exactly what was inside. The good ole days! Treasure Hunts were 1 per case....definitely perfect trade bait for all those VW bus packages I tried to collect. Anyways, who is excited for these Mondo releases tomorrow? Everyone except my credit card!

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Well shit now I feel bad now :(