PO: The Story So Far - What You Don't See

I'm from SD and got 2 of the tour cover. Plenty and I mean plenty were sold. But i did get chatty with the merchant dude and he said he didn't know what pressings he had since they were all shrink wrapped. My brother had gone to the tour show 3 days before and we think he got the last one of purple/white swirl cause he bought 2 and got 1 purple/white swirl and 1 all white. So when I went Friday I bought my 2 and both are all white.

So I don't know what pressings they took with them and stuff but we lucked out. If it did sell out that sucks.

I'm from SD and got 2 of the tour cover. Plenty and I mean plenty were sold. But i did get chatty with the merchant dude and he said he didn't know what pressings he had since they were all shrink wrapped. My brother had gone to the tour show 3 days before and we think he got the last one of purple/white swirl cause he bought 2 and got 1 purple/white swirl and 1 all white. So when I went Friday I bought my 2 and both are all white.

So I don't know what pressings they took with them and stuff but we lucked out. If it did sell out that sucks.

Hook up one of these guys that need it ^

Come on guys, surely you didn't think he bought 2 just so he could have one himself and sell the other for cost!

Correct sir. I bought two cause of course I wanted one for myself and to trade or for a decent price. Not asking for anything outlandish. I was blessed enough to get my two, if nobody wants to work anything out I'm perfectly fine having two.

Correct sir. I bought two cause of course I wanted one for myself and to trade or for a decent price. Not asking for anything outlandish. I was blessed enough to get my two, if nobody wants to work anything out I'm perfectly fine having two.

Actually, you were "blessed" (I don't do the religion thing) to get one. Now you should pay that "blessing" forward and give it to somebody else for cost + shipping. 

Ha I was being sarcastic and agreeing with you, it was unnecessary.

I was explaining for the people who may not have known and also just to describe my experience. I hadn't heard they were a slip, just that there was a tour press with alternative art. I had seen a picture, but couldn't tell from the pic that it was just a slip over the regular sleeve. Just trying to help out the less informed (which at the time included myself).

And regarding the comments about selling and trading : I grabbed two because I knew they were going to go quick, and I wanted to have one (or two) for myself and like @DunkPunk said to have one to sell/trade. There's records out there that I didn't have the chance to get, or missed out on so hopefully I'll be able to trade my extra for something I'm looking for.

Lots of new Kevin's but there's a lot of people here that feel they are entitled to something. Yeah it would be cool if someone sold something sought after to someone for cost, but there's very few people that would actually do that.

True. Oasisish helped me out with at cost stuff before. He's a solid guy. We need more of people like him.

Also, i just want a tour slip variant because i think the artwork is far superior to that of the regular album. If i got it, it'd be my sole copy of this album. I probs won't end up with a copy. I'm not paying inflated/ebay prices for it. i'll get whatever variant is most readily available i s'pose.

The offer someone made me for Trainwreck to trade was very reasonable as far as value goes. But i loves me some Trainwreck and i haven't even heard this album yet.

In short, Yay for peeps selling/trading at cost.

& i will never understand variant collecting but i think that's mainly jealousy inside of me that someone has the funds available to drop cash on 4 copies of the same album.

Just kind of peeves me when people aren't willing to help out fellow board members. I always try to grab extras for people. All I ask for is cost + shipping. If someone wants to send a few extra bucks to help with gas it is always appreciated but I don't expect. Guess people these aren't to willing to pay it forward.

Just kind of peeves me when people aren't willing to help out fellow board members. I always try to grab extras for people. All I ask for is cost + shipping. If someone wants to send a few extra bucks to help with gas it is always appreciated but I don't expect. Guess people these aren't to willing to pay it forward.

i think stuff like grabbing tour copies for peeps on VC at cost + shipping is the whole point of a vinyl collecting community.

the vinyl boom is killing it.