PO: My Bloody Valentine - New Album 180 gram

My plain reissue sounds great actually

Regardless of what you think, the Plain LP isn't worth the vinyl it's pressed on. It's the CD pressed to vinyl. So you are hearing an inferior version of the CD. 

This album is good, but I can't help but keep thinking that anyone who wanted to create a follow up to Loveless could have created this. It seems like a formula. It's sad it took him this long to essentially continue what he did on Loveless. 

I also laughed at the person who said this release will greatly increase vinyl sales this year

The Beatles reissues did that, not a MBV release

I think that most of you are forgetting that most people do not know who this band is

Any time I talk about My Bloody Valentine around people that might not know who they are, I get the same response. "The screamo band?" Rustles my jimmies every time.

Can't really justify dropping 40 bucks on this.

I find it kinda hypocritical for people to complain about vinyl prices in other threads, yet somehow find a way to defend this because "WELL IT'S BEEN SO LONG" or "ITS GONNA BE A MASTERPIECE."

People are willing to spend more money on better music.  I don't think that makes them hypocrites, just means they like music.  If you're somebody willing to spend $40.00 on an album because it's pressed on glow-in-the-dark purple vinyl and limited to 100 copies but not willing to spend $40.00 on a great album (vinyl/cd/digital included) then I think you might be better off collecting comic books.