PO: My Bloody Valentine - New Album 180 gram

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to a record store guy today when I went in. He said the record would get distribution probably around late March, maybe earlier. He's been communicating with Kevin's sister like someone else had said. I asked what the price would be like and he gave an uncommitted answer of between 35 and 40. Sounds reasonable to me. I'm fine paying whatever extra to know it's headed my way now rather than later, of course.

You and everyone else -- don't sweat it. I just find it hilarious when people make claims like "Well. Every band should probably just trash their 2013 album. MBV dropped their new record and it is perfect. Any other release this year will just be embarrassing." Obviously you didn't make such a claim, and for that my eyes and their lack of rollage thank you.

And? The Money Store came out in April of last year and was my AOTY from then on even though some amazing albums came out later that year.

Eh, I guess I can't really talk. I had penned Alcest's release last year as my AOTY and that came out the first week of January. That changed when American Radass came out, and ended up being #3 on my list after it was all said and done.

Talked to a record store guy today when I went in. He said the record would get distribution probably around late March, maybe earlier. He's been communicating with Kevin's sister like someone else had said. I asked what the price would be like and he gave an uncommitted answer of between 35 and 40. Sounds reasonable to me. I'm fine paying whatever extra to know it's headed my way now rather than later, of course.

This is correct. The LP will also come with the CD. Here is the information I received from a distributor -

"In November 2012 Kevin Shields announced plans to release a third My Bloody

Valentine album in an interview with NME. He stated plans to release it

on his website before the end of 2012, and said the album’s release

would be followed by a series of live shows. On 24 December 2012, it was

announced via the band’s Facebook page that the album had been

completed three days earlier on the 21st. On 27 January 2013, during

their first concert since 2009, the band played a new song labeled

“rough song”, according to a photo of a setlist that looks to be sitting

on the soundboard. During that same concert, Kevin Shields told the

audience that the third album “might be out in two or three days”.

The Vinyl is a 180g pressing,gatefold sleeve with the CD inserted in a card wallet cut inside the

gatefold, along with 8 page booklet."

Suggested retail price - $39.98