PO: My Bloody Valentine - New Album 180 gram

i think it was a bit misleading that the original post on the website said "limited pressing", then after the site crash and all of the initial orders that part sort of just disappeared. It has to have sold at least 2000 considering all of the initial hype.

Just checked the site and it still says the vinyl will be limited, whatever that means.

In a way it does make it better. If an artist prints something in an edition of 100, its much more valuable than if its printed in mass. The same applies to vinyl. If they say its "limited" to convince you to buy it, only to find out its not limited. Doesn't necessarily make the music better, but I could have possibly lived with just the digital format if I knew.

Dont know why any of that should have changed the fact of why you chose to buy the vinyl? It only holds value if you plan on selling it. Ive got an $800 record that holds no value because it will never be sold out of my collection. Hence, if you love the album and intend on keeping it in your collection forever, its value is only worth what your ears are telling you.

Dont know why any of that should have changed the fact of why you chose to buy the vinyl? It only holds value if you plan on selling it. Ive got an $800 record that holds no value because it will never be sold out of my collection. Hence, if you love the album and intend on keeping it in your collection forever, its value is only worth what your ears are telling you.

people have different reasons for collecting vinyl. Some people like spending money on vinyl because it holds more value than CDs. Some people buy them because they're a tangible part of a collection. Some people buy them only to listen to and that's it. Get over the fact that people can think differently.

people have different reasons for collecting vinyl. Some people like spending money on vinyl because it holds more value than CDs. Some people buy them because they're a tangible part of a collection. Some people buy them only to listen to and that's it. Get over the fact that people can think differently.

I Cant get over the fact that you stink like a turd.

Enjoy those dorky Crosley headphones.

Listen, dude is mad because he bought a "limited" LP that is still available, yet no pressing numbers were ever given out to anyone. Basically, was taking a chance it would sellout over the fact that he should have just decided whether or not the album was worth buying in the first place, and got burned. Now its a "wah wah session" that is annoying to read.

Thats almost as annoying as someone who says theyve got far better sets of headphones yet are willing to drop $35 on another pair of headphones because they "look cool" and are "novel". Hey everybody look at me! Ive got a pair of crappy cans on my head but the Third Man logo looks cool, right??? Cmon, you deserved to get flamed for that, got served and are still in shock over it. Let it go.

I'm sure it has to sound pretty decent.  They actually took care in recording and mastering it all analog.  That's only way to go for a purist analog listening experience.  Mine hasn't shipped yet damn it.  I ordered on the 1st of March.

Yeah, if I had to guess its gonna sound great. The packaging has gotten me a little nervous though about the QA/QC of this release.

In a way it does make it better. If an artist prints something in an edition of 100, its much more valuable than if its printed in mass. The same applies to vinyl. If they say its "limited" to convince you to buy it, only to find out its not limited. Doesn't necessarily make the music better, but I could have possibly lived with just the digital format if I knew.

If you want value, trade gold on the exchange. If you want music on physical formats, buy records and don't worry about their potential future worth.

You make a valid point about different perspectives but its exactly the perspective expressed by orangesix that clouds the wonderful world of music listening and vinyl format appreciation with scalper/flipper motivations and tactics. When you get right down to it, it pretty much ruins the fun.

I Cant get over the fact that you stink like a turd.

Enjoy those dorky Crosley headphones.

Listen, dude is mad because he bought a "limited" LP that is still available, yet no pressing numbers were ever given out to anyone. Basically, was taking a chance it would sellout over the fact that he should have just decided whether or not the album was worth buying in the first place, and got burned. Now its a "wah wah session" that is annoying to read.

Thats almost as annoying as someone who says theyve got far better sets of headphones yet are willing to drop $35 on another pair of headphones because they "look cool" and are "novel". Hey everybody look at me! Ive got a pair of crappy cans on my head but the Third Man logo looks cool, right??? Cmon, you deserved to get flamed for that, got served and are still in shock over it. Let it go.

Deserved to get flamed? You are seriously the biggest tool on this board. You think you know everything and are wrong all the time. You think calling me out for something as obvious as curiosity about Crosley headphones makes you sound smart. It doesn't. No one reads your comments and thinks "this guy has a good point." They think, "wow, this guy has some real issues with affirmation and I hope everything is alright at home." Like that time you were so fucking sure that sub pop pressed postal service LPs on 10 different colors because of a stupid promo video you argued over and over again that this must be the case because anything else just doesn't make sense. Maybe you should stop and realize "holy shit! Other people think differently and that's okay and maybe I've been acting like an asshole."

Also, I'm done feeling bad for you. As someone who gets "flamed" so much, you should know how it feels and not need to do it to others to feel good about yourself. I see you do it all the time and its fucking annoying. You can make fun of the idea of me wearing yellow headphones in the train all you want (I don't) if it helps you sleep at night. But stop fucking calling people out for stupid shit when they're just sharing their opinion cause guess what, even if you're right, you still sound like an asshole.

And fuck you for calling me a turd. You're a fucking child.

If you want value, trade gold on the exchange. If you want music on physical formats, buy records and don't worry about their potential future worth.

You make a valid point about different perspectives but its exactly the perspective expressed by orangesix that clouds the wonderful world of music listening and vinyl format appreciation with scalper/flipper motivations and tactics. When you get right down to it, it pretty much ruins the fun.

his opinion isn't mine, but I think it's perfectly sane and normal. Labels use scare tactics all the time like "rare this and limited that" to their advantage. Every one of us have missed out on some record at some point that we may have kicked ourselves for. Also, if it wasn't for this mindset, there's be less collectors and less sales, and very likely less great albums on vinyl. You can't sit and complain about the inflation of specific records and accept that it is arguably good for the vinyl industry as a whole. Everyone on this board is guilty of enjoying the value of some record somehow. My CDs are worth nothing and I stopped buying them a long time ago. If all my records were worth nothing, I'd probably think twice about buying as many records as I do.

I think you misunderstood me. 

I felt it was a bit misleading that they stated it was "limited" when in fact it obviously isn't. Not because I care what it will be worth in terms of monetary value, but because I felt that if I didn't jump on it right away, I would miss out on the vinyl version. Otherwise, I would have listened to it first then make the decision to buy or not. 

I think you misunderstood me.

I felt it was a bit misleading that they stated it was "limited" when in fact it obviously isn't. Not because I care what it will be worth in terms of monetary value, but because I felt that if I didn't jump on it right away, I would miss out on the vinyl version. Otherwise, I would have listened to it first then make the decision to buy or not.

He didn't misunderstand you, you're saying something entirely different now :P

Deserved to get flamed? You are seriously the biggest tool on this board. You think you know everything and are wrong all the time. You think calling me out for something as obvious as curiosity about Crosley headphones makes you sound smart. It doesn't. No one reads your comments and thinks "this guy has a good point." They think, "wow, this guy has some real issues with affirmation and I hope everything is alright at home." Like that time you were so fucking sure that sub pop pressed postal service LPs on 10 different colors because of a stupid promo video you argued over and over again that this must be the case because anything else just doesn't make sense. Maybe you should stop and realize "holy shit! Other people think differently and that's okay and maybe I've been acting like an asshole."

Also, I'm done feeling bad for you. As someone who gets "flamed" so much, you should know how it feels and not need to do it to others to feel good about yourself. I see you do it all the time and its fucking annoying. You can make fun of the idea of me wearing yellow headphones in the train all you want (I don't) if it helps you sleep at night. But stop fucking calling people out for stupid shit when they're just sharing their opinion cause guess what, even if you're right, you still sound like an asshole.

And fuck you for calling me a turd. You're a fucking child.

Wow look at this meltdown. Mommy, someone wet their diaper...

Ugh. And this was a good thread

Seriously though. For those who knowingly choose to buy downgraded audio gear from what they already own, they might as well be on the mp3 192 Collective Message Board instead. Theres a reason people are into vinyl and that's ultimately because they want better sound quality. Or is it to latch onto another beanie babies fad?

Want a pair of headphones and your budget is $35 and under? Youre not gonna beat these.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=8323&seq=1&format=2

Paint them yellow, slap a couple Third Man stickers on it to prove your fanhood, and wala, best of both worlds. Haha.

It's ironic that one of the best records from 2013 is packed in a cheap card while several new releases comes out in fancy heavy glossy covers but don't get even close of m b v[i/] in terms of musical quality.

As long as the record sounds amazing, ill take it as an overall win. I agree though, theres really no excuse these days to have that kind of pacakging.

i feel bad for your wife... or dance partner.

Burn! Man Im so hurt right now I think Im gonna go buy a pair of Crosley Headphones and try to get my self-esteem back up after receiving personal accolades by complete strangers while proudly displaying my new purchase in public.

Dont worry about me, I'll feel better shortly.