OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

I'm afraid it is too. In my top three to get. If I can secure a copy through Strictly, when I go out for RSD I'll look out for a copy for you if you can't find it.

You're a saint. I'd be glad to do the same.. I have an early press of the studio album but its pretty beat.. I have an incredible original mono pressing of Live at Carnige Hall that has Someday on it but its only a 3 min tease. Any idea if the rsd version is going to have the bonus tracks with the alternate take?

You're a saint. I'd be glad to do the same.. I have an early press of the studio album but its pretty beat.. I have an incredible original mono pressing of Live at Carnige Hall that has Someday on it but its only a 3 min tease. Any idea if the rsd version is going to have the bonus tracks with the alternate take?

Hmm not sure, I would hope so though. Haven't seen a track list yet. I'm looking forward to the two 10"s and The Kinda Blue sessions.

I will be in London at the end of April. Maybe the board can help identify the best place for UK rsd leftovers and I can hand carry some stuff back. Not sure if the UK rsd is as maddening as the US. We can do some digging a few days before I go and I figure I will have time to hit two shops.

I've never listened to the sessions before.. Is it available digitally? And yea that Brubeck 10" is gonna be sweet.

Couldn't find it digitally but NPR has a cool story about it. They're the same songs but alternate takes. I also heard they might be talking on the tracks, like when they'd have a false start. Here's the link

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99805408

1.Freddie Freeloader session

2.So what session

Side Two

1.Blue in Green session

2.All Blues session.

Just got a voicemail from Atlantic Sounds. They're no-longer accepting RSD reservations and cancelling all existing ones. They're gonna open from 12-2am and re-open at 6am. I'm actually more bummed that I wasted 4 gallons of gas driving down there yesterday..

And which one of you sons-of-bitches ratted them out? :P

Just got a voicemail from Atlantic Sounds. They're no-longer accepting RSD reservations and cancelling all existing ones. They're gonna open from 12-2am and re-open at 6am. I'm actually more bummed that I wasted 4 gallons of gas driving down there yesterday..

And which one of you sons-of-bitches ratted them out? :P

Bittersweet news, I was still on the fence about going down. Thanks for the update.

I'm still hopeful it's going to be available outside of RSD in a different version/edition, e.g. a "standard edition" without the art print.

I have to believe that's the plan, since Fatcat was advertising them without indicating that it was an RSD exclusive.  But it sounds like the RSD versions will be pretty sweet.