OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

Street Dogs songs are streaming here.  This has now become the record I am looking most forward to on RSD

http://newnoisemagazine.com/stream-street-dogs-crooked-drunken-sons/

Awesome. Looks like you can pre-order it now too.

50pc Black (PROMO ONLY)

500 Black in Bone Color-In-Color, with Blood Red Splatter

550 Bone (REVHQ Exclusive)

http://piratespressrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=444

Info on a new Ty Segall 7":

In recognition of Record Store Day 2013, TY SEGALL has teamed up with Goner Records to release a sequel to the OOP Ty Rex EP, the Ty Rex 2 7". If you missed Goner's initial release back in 2011, fret not. This 45 presents two classic tracks pulled from either half of Bolan's prolific career with the T. Rex project "Cat Black (Wizard Hat)," one of the last freak folk productions from T. Rex before Bolan ditched the hobbit, Steve Peregrine Took, on the gong, and "The Motivator," from the seminal Electric Warrior album. Each are interpreted in an intriguingly reserved, yet unflaggingly explosive style by San Francisco's favorite son. Segall howls over acoustic guitar, bass, and drums with climatic interludes by snarling, burlesque guitars. But it's not that simple either. The listener will find themselves submersed in layers of stereo play between reverb saturated vocals, infrequent piano accents, and the subtle rumbling of what might be bongos, or beats on the back of a guitar, or even the parodic pitter-patter of fingers on a muffled microphone. The ultimate effect is to reduce both of these Bolan classics to their essential elements. No more acoustic versus electric, hippie versus glam, Tyrannosaurus versus T; Ty has boiled these tracks down to indisputably solid tunes that will please fans on either side of the divide. Is there a better way to get along on Record Store Day? 1500 copies.

I think someone mentioned this but if a couple people want to trade phone numbers so we can text and I can help you track down anything you missed thoughout / later in the day let me know.

I have a few things I'd buy from people no question asked if you can get a copy. Not sure how difficult it will be up here.

Anyone interested in the Record Store Day exsclusive ATLAS MOTH/WOLVHAMMER split 7" and can't find it, there will a very limited amount in the Init Records webstore after RSD is over.  You can also grab a copy of the RSD 2011 split 7" bwteen WILLIAM ELLIOTT WHITMORE and P.O.S. while you are there:  http://initrecords.corecommerce.com

I flew solo for (my very first) RSD last year. It was sort of lonely, but I met a few guys in the line out front of Wuxtry, and being a party of one made fighting my way through the crowds much easier.

As for my RSD list, so far it's four items long, ballpark estimate of about $55 or so. Not too shabby, considering that's usually about how much I spend going record shopping anyways.

I go solo every year. Met 2 guys in line a couple years back and weve organized meeting up in line for the 3rd consecutive year now. I always enjoy RSD and most of the fun for me has become sitting talking music in line for a couple hours.

75c53200909611e28db822000a1f9720_7.jpg

Wow! So that's definitely going to be a 2XLP. I haven't really been keeping up with the updates so I don't know if that's already been established. I can't really tell what color that is but I hope there'll be a black version 'cause it looks like that's going to be some sort of awful orange but it may just be weird lighting because some of it looks kind of red or maroon which would be good.

Also, where did you get this picture?

I've gotten a whole shit-ton of RSD-related press releases in the past day or two, so I'll start posting them all in here if people are looking for more info/details. First up...

And with Record Store Day just around the corner, it's only fitting that Bethany and Bobb partake in the activities. With the backing of 
, Best Coast will release a brand new 7" "Fear Of My Identity," available exclusively through participating indie stores. Record Store Day 2013 sees a perfect union of an iconic, long-standing brand like Clarks Originals and Best Coast, together celebrating vinyl and independent music.

700.jpg