Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

I really want this album. I may have to pass on it though the price tag is a bit on the steep side. They should at least offer some copies of the LP minus the 7 inches.

I feel so sorry for the people that got ripped off from this the first time around. Basically they only get like $5 bucks of their entire first purchase (sidenote I still can't believe this is getting pressed without people getting their money back - there must be some type of legal issue with it seeing as it is tied to the first announced press in many ways).

I really want this album. I may have to pass on it though the price tag is a bit on the steep side. They should at least offer some copies of the LP minus the 7 inches.

Maybe some of the people who only want the LP and those who only want the 7"s can go in on it together and split the price in an even fashion?

I'm not cool with how all of this is going down, but at least it wouldn't be $50 and some people would get what they wanted out of it.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

You can, it's called "Angry Musings From A Jaded But Hopeful and Idealistic Vinyl Collector." You can grab it on the Kindle for $19.99 per paragraph (I adopted a successful business model).

From the first page, what I get out of it is that if you previously did the pre-order for the Mightier Than Sword version and you prove it.. that earns you a guaranteed preorder. Is that right?

That's how I interpreted this -

Advance Pre Orders will occur early March, however we encourage those who purchased to set up their advance purchase and discount immediately.

First of all, anyone who buys this is a fool.  I lost my shit in the Hum thread about ridiculous price gouging by $RC and I won't repeat it because all of my very useful information definitely fell upon deaf ears.

Secondly, I am with collectivemike - we can't be too far off before all of this price gouging and "it's still cheaper than ebay" logic comes full circle and organizations like $RC will shoot themselves in the foot.  By continuing this cycle and releasing these decades old re-issues eventually folks like $RC are only left with two options:

1.) Re-issue it again!  By continuing to dillute the market with the same crap on different colors, it will drag down even the secondary market so far that $50 will be higher than any ebay price.

2.)  Start seeking out new/current artists to promote/work with...and NO ONE is willing to pay $50 outright for a new artist.  Hell, most of you reading this wouldn't shell out $10 at a show for a band that you heard for the very first time.  Since this option isn't an instant cash grab, it won't happen.

So yes, as Mike said, this problem will resolve itself eventually.  Hopefully soon, because if this spreads into bands that I give a shit about I am going to be pissed.