Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

Guest realtalk

Did SRC email you and ask you to announce this?

As much as I think dreamover is a moron, I do believe he hit the nail on the head with this one.

!!! JUAN IS IN BED WITH SRC !!!

First of all, anyone who buys this is a fool.  I lost my shit in the Hum thread about ridiculous price gouging by $RC and I won't repeat it because all of my very useful information definitely fell upon deaf ears.

Secondly, I am with collectivemike - we can't be too far off before all of this price gouging and "it's still cheaper than ebay" logic comes full circle and organizations like $RC will shoot themselves in the foot.  By continuing this cycle and releasing these decades old re-issues eventually folks like $RC are only left with two options:

1.) Re-issue it again!  By continuing to dillute the market with the same crap on different colors, it will drag down even the secondary market so far that $50 will be higher than any ebay price.

2.)  Start seeking out new/current artists to promote/work with...and NO ONE is willing to pay $50 outright for a new artist.  Hell, most of you reading this wouldn't shell out $10 at a show for a band that you heard for the very first time.  Since this option isn't an instant cash grab, it won't happen.

So yes, as Mike said, this problem will resolve itself eventually.  Hopefully soon, because if this spreads into bands that I give a shit about I am going to be pissed.

tumblr_m7gfpmQ1eW1qe7e5uo1_400.gif

Now Ryan you can't just start saying things you can't take back.

it's the laziest punchline ever. and people still flip their shit over it as if richard pryor just rose from the dead and started tearing into tyler perry.

I'm glad I eventually got refunded for this the first time around. At this price point, I'll sit back and let this one go. Kind of a low blow to the record collecting community anyways, in my opinion. Too bad there isn't enough backbone in the community to make a difference when it comes to shit like this.

Guest tms2787

$50 is steep but I bet this sell outs in a day. The packaging sounds nice and the 3 7" are cool but I don't think playing "Fuck A Dog" over and over and over and over and only "Fuck A Dog" is worth $50. With that said... who wants to sell me a Hot Topic press? :)

$50 is steep but I bet this sell outs in a day. The packaging sounds nice and the 3 7" are cool but I don't think playing "Fuck A Dog" over and over and over and over and only "Fuck A Dog" is worth $50. With that said... who wants to sell me a Hot Topic press? :)

I got chu, $125,000 PPD.

I bet 90% of the kids pissed about this buy a copy anyways(keep an eye on their instagrams).

Vote with your wallets. If you think this is bullshit then don't buy it. SRC is a business, businesses want to make money. If you compromise that sole objective then the business will adjust to the market's demand. Complaining about a product or practice then turning around and buying it will not effect their operations. Ever.

I ain't even an accountant.

With that being said, the price isn't that outrageous. You're getting an LP, 3 7"s, and 'custom' packing for everything. I personally don't think $50 is unreasonable given SRC doesn't put out shit products (music taste aside- SRC puts together good looking/sounding records) but it's not something I'm in the market for, therefor I will not be purchasing it and will live to fight another day, Craig.

I bet 90% of the kids pissed about this buy a copy anyways(keep an eye on their instagrams).

Vote with your wallets. If you think this is bullshit then don't buy it. SRC is a business, businesses want to make money. If you compromise that sole objective then the business will adjust to the market's demand. Complaining about a product or practice then turning around and buying it will not effect their operations. Ever.

With that being said, the price isn't that outrageous. You're getting an LP, 3 7"s, and 'custom' packing for everything. I personally don't think $50 is unreasonable given SRC doesn't put out shit products (music taste aside- SRC puts together good looking/sounding records) but it's not something I'm in the market for, therefor I will not be purchasing it and will live to fight another day, Craig.

Truth has been spoken in this post.

I got chu, $125,000 PPD.

phil-dunphy-thumbsup.gif