PO: Evanescence - Fallen 2xLP (Now with 20th Anniversary Expanded Reissue)

I don't know if this or the Linkin Park thread is a new low for VC. This band sucked 10 years ago, and it sucks even more now that perspective has put radio-ready nu-metal in its proper place.

At this point, if Creed announced a vinyl reissue of Human Clay, I honestly don't know which way VC would swing. And that is insane to me. This board is not just about the existence of vinyl y'all, it's about listening to music worth the vinyl it's pressed on.

Ok great, the music you listen to is far superior. Why would anyone want to listen to something the radio actually plays? Gross. Go click on threads of bands you DO think are "worth" being on vinyl, (which is probably one of the most pretentious things I've ever heard) and spend your energy supporting what you actually like.

I fail to understand why all of a sudden on almost every other thread about any given release there are people shitting on those who enjoy or want that particular records. Just because YOU don't like the particular band doesn't make them suck or the those who like said band any less "cool" or "hip" in your precious vinyl "hobby". Too many people are way overly invested and concerned about what other people like and listen to.

Who the fuck cares! Someone likes Evanescense or Linkin Park. Fine. That's their deal so let them and it be. Go listen to what you like and enjoy then. And wait until someone shits on YOU for liking that damn band.

It's like a fuckin' Fashion Music Police 'round here.

You idiot, what's wrong with you.  Welcome to the new, tolerant, diverse and all-inclusive amerika and world.  The only opinion that matters is yours and you are always the smartest person in the room.  Someone doesn't agree, well they are just too stupid to understand.  This new tone isn't just for records.  Pick any subject.  

I don't know if this or the Linkin Park thread is a new low for VC. This band sucked 10 years ago, and it sucks even more now that perspective has put radio-ready nu-metal in its proper place.

At this point, if Creed announced a vinyl reissue of Human Clay, I honestly don't know which way VC would swing. And that is insane to me. This board is not just about the existence of vinyl y'all, it's about listening to music worth the vinyl it's pressed on.

No one criticizing has offered up their preference / what is worth pressing for others to rip on yet. I wonder why?

Ok great, the music you listen to is far superior. Why would anyone want to listen to something the radio actually plays? Gross. Go click on threads of bands you DO think are "worth" being on vinyl, (which is probably one of the most pretentious things I've ever heard) and spend your energy supporting what you actually like.

C'mon. Obviously bands who get radio play aren't talented musicians or appeal to anybody. That's why they need help and are thrown in our face. The bands who you've never heard of are obviously the ones hoarding all the talent. I get it now

I fail to understand why all of a sudden on almost every other thread about any given release there are people shitting on those who enjoy or want that particular records. Just because YOU don't like the particular band doesn't make them suck or the those who like said band any less "cool" or "hip" in your precious vinyl "hobby". Too many people are way overly invested and concerned about what other people like and listen to.

Who the fuck cares! Someone likes Evanescense or Linkin Park. Fine. That's their deal so let them and it be. Go listen to what you like and enjoy then. And wait until someone shits on YOU for liking that damn band.

It's like a fuckin' Fashion Music Police 'round here.

If we can like any band we want can't we also dislike any band we want?

I don't care, I kind of want this. I definitely want Hybrid Theory as well. And actually, I'd love a reissue of Human Clay. Me and my dad would jam that album when I was younger. This stuff was what existed in my childhood. And the day there's an announcement of some BSB vinyl, I'll be on that too! I don't curr.

Here is a checklist to prevent you from becoming a sucker for nostalgia.

Prior to the announcement of the album reissue did you:

- Listen to the album in its entirety within the last year.

- Think to yourself man I really want this record pressed.

- Listen to the newest album by the band in question.

- Go see the band at their latest show in your city.

- Ever tell someone IRL that you are a fan of the band.

- Know if the band was active or not.

If you can't say yes to at least 4 of these then you should reevaluate

your decision to purchase the album as you are buying it solely for

nostalgia and after the album is played once it will never leave your

shelf.

Here is a checklist to prevent you from becoming a sucker for nostalgia.

Prior to the announcement of the album reissue did you:

- Listen to the album in its entirety within the last year.

- Think to yourself man I really want this record pressed.

- Listen to the newest album by the band in question.

- Go see the band at their latest show in your city.

- Ever tell someone IRL that you are a fan of the band album.

- Know if the band was active or not.

If you can't say yes to at least 42 of these then you should reevaluate

your decision to purchase the album as you are buying it solely for

nostalgia and after the album is played once it will never leave your

shelf.

Fixed, while I agree for the most part, a band's current state is entirely irrelevant to whether or not you like an older album by them.

I used to really like this album, and the album previous to it, but I answered no to all three of those items, so yeah, I won't be buying this.

I don't care, I kind of want this. I definitely want Hybrid Theory as well. And actually, I'd love a reissue of Human Clay. Me and my dad would jam that album when I was younger. This stuff was what existed in my childhood. And the day there's an announcement of some BSB vinyl, I'll be on that too! I don't curr.

+1  I would like a reissue of the first Creed record too.  Also

I'm pining for Fiona Apple, Meat Loaf (1993), Nothingface (there goes all my cred), and I regret not getting Rabbits on the Run when it was available.

• jhulud changed the title to PO: Evanescence - Fallen 2xLP (Now with 20th Anniversary Expanded Reissue)