so hot cash is back and its worse

so I was just checking out the 15 off 30 that I just got in the mail last week with my manson/shai hulud order to see what week the redemption was and noticed that on the coupon it actually lists vinyl records as an exception.  so last time when the vinyl was removed from the site we could go into the store and use it but this time we can't even do that?

what the hell am i supposed to buy?  a motionless in white t-shirt?  fuck that shit.

I don't know if that applies to in-store. I am friendly with a manager at a Hot Topic in my area, and he showed me the list of all the vinyl that's coming out up until April 9th I believe. He told me Hot Cash starts on the 18th of April so I should go there first day and scoop up whatever I want because last time it was really popular. I assume he's correct but who knows. 

I don't know if that applies to in-store. I am acquaintances with a manager at the Hot Topic nearest me, and he showed me the list of all the vinyl that's coming out up until April 9th I believe. He told me Hot Cash starts on the 18th of April so I should go there first day and scoop up whatever I want because last time it was really popular. I assume he's correct but who knows. 

hopefully you're right.  i mean the easiest thing for them to have done last time was make it not work for vinyl like it wouldn't for gift cards so people could have still bought shit on the site if they wanted to.  i'm hoping it is still good for the stores because it not i might as well just wipe my ass with it now haha

This whole no vinyl during hot cash seems dumb. They go out of their way to axe a promotion and they have literally had like 2-3 different promotions that include discounted vinyl since then.

Furthermore, they are selling out of almost nothing in their webstore. I mean some of the stuff is limited to a small number of actual pieces made and they can't even move the stock.

When I went to pick up my Manson record the girl in the store pointed out that the new Hot Cash will exclude vinyl. I don't think it matters whether its in store or online. Its just plain exempt. Lame but I understand why.

I understand why too but it's like either someones gonna buy 2 t-shirts and get one free or 2 records and get one free.   Is it that much of a loss? 

I went to go order a record online during the last time they were running hot cash and found that all the records had been taken down. I called the customer service number and the representative told me that people had been abusing the hot cash by buying multiples of the same record. It probably would have been okay if people were just picking up one of each but thanks to all the dickheads they now exclude vinyl from hot cash.

I went to go order a record online during the last time they were running hot cash and found that all the records had been taken down. I called the customer service number and the representative told me that people had been ----abusing the hot cash by buying multiples--- It probably would have been okay if people were just picking up one of each but thanks to all the dickheads they now exclude vinyl from hot cash.

Yeah People on eBay. I can see why Hot Topic would exclude vinyl. People obviously were buying -just to flip-

I understand they're trying to prevent flipping but it's like hey we're gonna have a promotion where if you spend this much we're gonna give you a coupon to spend on a future purchase.  If I'm purchasing vinyl to get said coupon don't you think I wanna spend it on vinyl too? 

If they really aren't gonna allow on vinyl maybe I'll just buy other shit and return it for store credit and buy vinyl. 

Well there are people that still actually buy non-vinyl products from Hot Topic.  From here on out they'll be able to purchase glow in the dark rimmed glasses and adventure time condoms or whatever the hell they sell these days

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Condoms? C'mon now this isn't Spencers we're talking about.

Also this isn't about preventing flipping at all. Vinyl is costly to produce, so there isn't as much as a profit to be gained when selling it.  They were probably selling some records at or below cost during these sales, which means they weren't making money, hence why they stopped this little loophole all together.  Also people who were buying vinyl during these sales most likely were buying only vinyl, so they weren't recouping the cost from other stuff normal customers would buy that is marked up a good deal.

Businesses don't care if you buy their products and then profit off them, it had nothing to do with flippers.

At least now they let everyone know that vinyl is excluded which was the biggest problem last time.

Maybe they are not literally mad about people flipping but they do probably feel like they were losing money.

If Hot Topic has 2000 of a record, they would love it if someone was willing to buy all 2000. The problem is that if the record is being sold for $10 rather than $20, they aren't making any money and in fact, are probably losing money.

Yeah this is what I mean, they weren't making their money and asking price.

Maybe it had something to do with the people on the vinyl themed boards sharing the promo codes. No offense to Scott, as I totally cashed in, but I honestly expected this to happen much earlier than it did. Notice how Travis doesn't seem to frequent these boards as much, either.      This is, of course, 100% speculation, so I may be totally off, but it makes more sense than to think that a mega company like HT all of the sudden started giving a shit about what people did with their records after buying.