so hot cash is back and its worse

I use it for others, my gf likes all the invader zim and sponge bob stuff, so i get her something cool.  Perhaps some douchey shirt too.

I won't buy so much HT vinyl henceforth...pretty packaging and color variants don't matter to me if it's brick-walled audio.

Nothing against Hot Topic.... it's just not for consumers who value sound above all else.

Nope

You just say you don't have a receipt when returning.

"If you do not have the original receipt, we will be happy to exchange the merchandise for you or issue a merchandise credit for the current selling price"

According to their policy, you would receive the full amount in credit for the item being returned.

It would work if that's the route you want to go.

most retailers (e.g., target, best buy, levi's, etc.) record your driver's license info when you do this, presumably to make sure you don't over-do this.  I returned something to target w/o a receipt a few years back, and they said you're only allowed to do it once every six months

There's a few of you that "get it".

People were abusing the codes like crazy to buy vinyl. Mainly due to this message board. Of course that wasnt going to last forever.

Vinyl has been removed from the Hot Cash promotions going forward. 

I haven't been posting here as much just cause my workload has greatly increased lately at the office so I just dont have the time to be on here as much as I was. I still read most stuff on the board, I'm not "hiding" from anything going on here. I just dont feel the need to comment every time someone says something about HT.

You all got some great deals for a while but those crazy sales have ended. There will still be plenty of rad HT vinyl exclusives coming, you're just gonna have to pay full price for them now! :o Crazy, I know...

Also, Mike Trout is awesome.

People were abusing the codes like crazy to buy vinyl. Mainly due to this message board. Of course that wasnt going to last forever.

I haven't been posting here as much just cause my workload has greatly increased lately at the office so I just dont have the time to be on here as much as I was. I still read most stuff on the board, I'm not "hiding" from anything going on here. I just dont feel the need to comment every time someone says something about HT.

You all got some great deals for a while but those crazy sales have ended. There will still be plenty of rad HT vinyl exclusives coming, you're just gonna have to pay full price for them now! :o Crazy, I know...

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that ends this discussion.

And Trout is better than Miggy.

Will vinyl be excluded from most promotions, or just Hot Cash?

I get that it has been abused online and understand why they would remove it online but I still think that people who purchase vinyl to get the hot cash and only shop hot topic for vinyl should be able to use the coupon in-store on records.  If it is easy enough to exclude the code from working on a gift card they can exclude it on vinyl on the webstore and people would be able to use it in-store, not abuse it and everyone wins.

if that is the case i'm wondering why you didn't say anything knowing that it presented a problem. you seemingly approved of the codes being posted here. you sat idly without saying anything and let it get ruined for everyone. if you said "hey guys you shouldn't be posting the codes" i'm sure most people here would have listened or the thread would maybe even get taken down. nipping the problem in the butt.

also as someone else pointed out, if hot topic really cared about people sharing and abusing the codes they should have made them unique instead of generic 'HTCASHinsertdollaramounthere.' during the last hot cash all hot topic did was make the codes seem unique by making them random letters and numbers without actually making them unique. so hot topic made it appear they put in a little leg work, maybe trying to fool people into thinking the codes are unique and won't work, but still did things half assed.

Guys, every company needs to buckle down because of the economy. Remember how hot topic used to sell those giant fuckin' jnco pants that used like 35 square feet of material? Now they have to cut back and all you get is super skinny jeans for the same price. All I'm saying is, there have to be cutbacks somewhere.

Guys, every company needs to buckle down because of the economy. Remember how hot topic used to sell those giant fuckin' jnco pants that used like 35 square feet of material? Now they have to cut back and all you get is super skinny jeans for the same price. All I'm saying is, there have to be cutbacks somewhere.

this just made my day.

if that is the case i'm wondering why you didn't say anything knowing that it presented a problem. you seemingly approved of the codes being posted here. you sat idly without saying anything and let it get ruined for everyone. if you said "hey guys you shouldn't be posting the codes" i'm sure most people here would have listened or the thread would maybe even get taken down. nipping the problem in the butt.

also as someone else pointed out, if hot topic really cared about people sharing and abusing the codes they should have made them unique instead of generic 'HTCASHinsertdollaramounthere.' during the last hot cash all hot topic did was make the codes seem unique by making them random letters and numbers without actually making them unique. so hot topic made it appear they put in a little leg work, maybe trying to fool people into thinking the codes are unique and won't work, but still did things half assed.

For some reason you just like to argue with me. I'll bite on this one.

First of all I did not approve of the codes being posted here but its not like if I was like "Aww come on guys, dont do that" it would have stopped anything haha. Thats just silly to think that would have changed anything. Even if they did get take down after a while they were already out there and pretty easy to find. Acting like its my fault the codes were being posted on here and allowed to stay up on the board causing vinyl to be excluded from Hot Cash is just weird. You obviously have some sort of issue with me and/or HT and take every chance you get to make some uninformed comment about whatever you think is happening. Keep on doing it if it makes you feel better, I guess. You seem to really not like the store at all so I'm not really sure why you even care haha.

First of all I did not approve of the codes being posted here but its not like if I was like "Aww come on guys, dont do that" it would have stopped anything haha. Thats just silly to think that would have changed anything. Even if they did get take down after a while they were already out there and pretty easy to find. Acting like its my fault the codes were being posted on here and allowed to stay up on the board causing vinyl to be excluded from Hot Cash is just weird. You obviously have some sort of issue with me and/or HT and take every chance you get to make some uninformed comment about whatever you think is happening. Keep on doing it if it makes you feel better, I guess. You seem to really not like the store at all so I'm not really sure why you even care haha.

Shat has an issue with anything that breaths...or just exists.

LOL... that's not the expression.

Haha... I was thinking the same thing when I read his response. You didnt even need to reply to it. Like he was trying to blame you for this. Looks to me shat just got shat on.

I wasn't reading the boards when the first thread was up.

To be honest, I totally understand why vinyl is excluded from this promotion... there is no way HT is making money when selling these exclusive vinyl at such a low price.

But two things really pissed me off (the first time around):

1. There was no mention anywhere that vinyl would be excluded.  So when I figured out I was going to be able to get a great deal using hot cash, I bought extra records to get more hot cash (the whole idea behind companies running these types of promotions, right?!)  Then to pull the rug out and exclude vinyl without warning seemed really shady.  I'm sure they had some legal fine print that allowed them to do that, but it sucked regardless.

2. I called customer service and they totally said that vinyl was excluded to prevent flippers.  Which, as pointed out earlier, is total BS.  I would have appreciated the honest answer (that Travis gave on here).

I think you guys are misinterpreting what customer service is telling you about this. They didn't discontinue the deal because people were buying more than one copy and then flipping it on eBay... they discontinued it because these same people were buying multiples and basically getting copies of the record for free.

It wasn't because it was the "right" thing to do... it's just because they weren't making any money on the promotion. Yes, flippers (and others) exploited the deal, but once those records leave HT's stores... I doubt they care what anybody does with them.