[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

On a different note, not sure what got into USPS.  It took less than 3 days for media mail to reach me here in Seattle, normally takes closer to a week.  The must've known how badly I wanted to hear this!

That's crazy. I'm sure mine will get stuck in Federal Way for a few days.

That being said, I hope us Deafheaven enthusiasts at VC can help one another out.  I'm not digging the idea of paying Discogs prices to complete the collection.  I will gladly pick up a copy for anyone else, if there are any available at my show... but I, amnstypls, and Mindovermatter will be catching them at the very last date of their tour.  Not banking on any copies being available at that point... or rather, that seems like a realistic mentality.  Anyone catching them sooner?  Ideally in mid-June?

That being said, I hope us Deafheaven enthusiasts at VC can help one another out.  I'm not digging the idea of paying Discogs prices to complete the collection.  I will gladly pick up a copy for anyone else, if there are any available at my show... but I, amnstypls, and Mindovermatter will be catching them at the very last date of their tour.  Not banking on any copies being available at that point... or rather, that seems like a realistic mentality.  Anyone catching them sooner?  Ideally in mid-June?

Just sayin' I'd love a splatter copy too.

My clear splatter and pink/beer copies arrived today. The splatter looks awesome. Kinda bummed with the pink/beer. I guess in my head I had it built up to be something far more awesome looking. The pink is practically red...I guess that's what throws me off the most. Cool packaging though. Gatefold with the diecut would've been a touch nicer but I think DW put out another quality album as always. Just my 2 cents.

That being said, I hope us Deafheaven enthusiasts at VC can help one another out. I'm not digging the idea of paying Discogs prices to complete the collection. I will gladly pick up a copy for anyone else, if there are any available at my show... but I, amnstypls, and Mindovermatter will be catching them at the very last date of their tour. Not banking on any copies being available at that point... or rather, that seems like a realistic mentality. Anyone catching them sooner? Ideally in mid-June?

I'll see them June 30th. If that's before the date you catch them on and would like me to pick you up a copy I'll gladly do so. Assuming they're still available.

Side note, just out this on. This album flows like a period, only in a good way. Wasn't much on their first record but loving this.

Yeah, June 30th is a little more than two weeks before I'll get to see them. I'm hoping they'll allocate a set number for each show to keep things fair, but I may take you up on that offer, iron.

Album flow and vinyl variants aside... how's it sound on the turntable?

It sounds amazing. Solid production. I was a fan of their live show but this album solidifies me really liking this band.

I'll keep you posted on what I grab at the show. I'll get get a tour for you if available. I got away from variant collecting so unless it looks way cooler than the clear splatter I'll likely pass.

One last comment. Shocked a lot of people on this board like the album and this band. It's roots are very black metal. Most of the crowd on here doesn't seem to be into metal, let alone black metal. Just a fun observation that makes me smile.

[Combo Breaker]

Good to hear, to be sure.  I have pretty high expectations for the quality of the vinyl, and the 45 RPM is a massive cherry on top.

I'll drop you a line as the show gets closer.  I, too, am really intrigued to see what kind of variant the band will be carrying.  I think that clear splatter turned out incredible, and raises the bar a bit.  Should be interesting.  As far as the black metal comment goes... I think there are a group of people here who dig artists like Wolves in the Throne Room, Agalloch, etc.  [Myself included.]  But for me, it's so much more about the amalgam of sounds that Deafheaven brings to the table.  I really think there's a bit of something for most everyone in their music.  And I also find myself stoked to see friends and fellow VCers get into them, despite it being a bit of a push for their tastes.

No band copies were available but the packaging is insane. Die cut and spot gloss front and back, gloss yellow inside the jacket, fold out insert, partially metallic labels and the splatter looks amazing. I talked with Nick (designer/TA) about the packaging tonight and expressed my love for it. Nice dude.

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster