SECULAR HAZE'S FINAL GIVEAWAY

Guest Secular Haze

Yeah Sec,

Even though i have only entered 1 or 2 of these contests (figure i wont enter if i dont listen to the band)

I think it's awesome what you are doing man.

Also I've never really listened to Ghost, but a DJ I really like who happens to really like Ghost did a remix,

Which as a Ghost fan I am sure you will hate, but i enjoy haha :lol:

This thread makes me happy.

A nice change of pace from the BS in the Brand New and Paramore threads.

I'd like to giveaway a record some time but if anyone's seen my sale thread, you'd see that things aren't going well right now haha

welcome back sec, glad you could come back with a ton of people posting nice things

Guest Secular Haze

I come here to notify the public that I received my record. Packed to survive in this tough shipping world we have. Sec, i cant even thank you enough for this one. 

You da man

QxTD6.gif

Excellent.  I am glad it arrived safely.  Enjoy!

Guest Secular Haze

A TURKEY DAY GIVEAWAY!

I am offering the following records:

Mastodon - Leviathan on Sunburst Vinyl /401

Lamb Of God - As The Palaces Burn on Red Vinyl (10th Anniversary Edition)

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory on Clear Vinyl /1000

Touche Amore - Is Survived By on Opaque Blue Vinyl /11,499

TO ENTER:

Simply answer the five following questions:

1) What was your favorite album of 2013?

2) What was the best live show you attended in 2013?

3) What was your favorite vinyl variant you purchased in 2013?

4) What was your favorite reissue of 2013?

5) Which of the four records would you like to win? (select one)

The winner will be selected at random on Thanksgiving and will receive a brand new copy of their selected record.  Good luck to all!

This year was such an awesome year for music. I'm gonna have to go with Sunbather as AOTY.

2) What was the best live show you attended in 2013? Again, Deafheaven in LA with Retox. They performed Sunbather front to back.

3) What was your favorite vinyl variant you purchased in 2013? Without question - Harm Wulf on black/clear.

4) What was your favorite reissue of 2013? Isis - Celestial.

5) Which of the four records would you like to win? (select one) Mastadon.

1) What was your favorite album of 2013? daft punk random access memories

2) What was the best live show you attended in 2013? in the last month, built to spill, minus the bear, kanye and kevin devine have come through my area. and i haven't been able to see any of them. it's been that kind of year. so i guess the default would be the mess that was governor's ball.

3) What was your favorite vinyl variant you purchased in 2013? minus the bear acoustics 2 tri-color

4) What was your favorite reissue of 2013? nothing i'm even aware of. so i'll just go with the one i bought for my secret santa

5) Which of the four records would you like to win? (select one) mastodon

1) Hardest question ever seeing as how this year has had so many insane releases. I would have to say either Power Trip's "Manifest Decimation", Dead In The Dirt's "The Blind Hole", or Tillian Pearson's "Material Me" (no vinyl release). I guess if I had to narrow it down to one I'd pick Tillian. And if we're allowed to choose EPs then my pick is undoubtedly KOAN Sound and Asa's "Sanctuary".

2) Again I have to list all the notable ones and try to pick from them... Saw The Faceless in Columbus and they played "An Autopsy" so that was the coolest thing ever. Then I saw The World Is a Beautiful Place in a bar and it was extremely moving. Then I rode along with Mixtapes for a huge fest in Michigan and saw pretty much the entire No Sleep Records roster in one night, and got to dive and yell along with "Why It Scares Me" when La Dispute played it (lot of hate for them here but fuck y'all its one of my favorite songs ever). Only downside is I got pulled pork from a food truck after the show and it gave me food poisoning. But I just remembered I played a fest in nowhere, Ohio with Cro-Mags, Ringworm, Fire and Ice, Bent Life, Old Wounds, Homewrecker, and Full of Hell. Cro-Mags covered some Leeway songs and it was crazy awesome. So I'm gonna have to go with that one cause it's definitely the coolest show I've ever played. Thanks for the trip down memory lane hahaha.

3) Ah finally an easy one. Defeater's "Letters Home" on clear w/ black splatter via Bridge 9.

4) I'll pick No Warning's Ill Blood reissue cause it has the self-titled and demo on it too.

5) I'd love Mastodon! "Blood and Thunder" was one of the first 'heavy' songs I ever listened to and had a pretty big impact on my musical tastes.

Those were real fun to answer.

- Crash Of Rhinos - Knots

The Topshelf CMJ show At St Vitus - Have Mercy, Caravels, Enemies, Jazz June, Braid

Knots again - The Black / White A side B side is beautiful

The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I

Is Survived By

1) What was your favorite album of 2013? Deafheaven Sunbather

2) What was the best live show you attended in 2013? Supersuckers. Always

3) What was your favorite vinyl variant you purchased in 2013? I'll go with Botch We Are The Romans

4) What was your favorite reissue of 2013? Dwarves Are Young and Good Looking

5) Which of the four records would you like to win? (select one) Lamb Of God

Thanks!

1) What was your favorite album of 2013? This is easily the hardest question because I think 2013 has been my favorite year for new releases in quite some time! I think I have to go with Sunbather. Though, X'ed Out and Excavation are a close second.

2) What was the best live show you attended in 2013? I'm just gonna encompass everything with my experience at Sasquatch! Music Festival. (Death Grips, Sigur Ros, Tame Impala, etc)

3) What was your favorite vinyl variant you purchased in 2013? Botch - We are the Romans [Clear w/ blue splatter]

4) What was your favorite reissue of 2013?  Again a very hard question, but definitely the BoC reissues! Everything about them is perfect, and I never thought I'd actually own them without paying and arm and a leg.

5) Which of the four records would you like to win? (select one) Is Survived By.

Without a doubt, Daylight's Jar

Just saw Wormrot and Dead In The Dirt live last weekend. Probably that.

Like many others, Botch's We Are The Romans' clear w/ blue splatter

This is a tough one... Botch's We Are The Romans takes the cake though. Closely followed by Funeral For A Friend's Casually Dressed and Daylight's Dispirit.

Linkin Park!

Missed ya Sec! I love your givaways and I'm glad you're back.

That is such a tough choice, because along with all the fantastic releases this year I feel like my music taste has also expanded like crazy. Based on total plays, probably Touche Amore - Is Survived By. Based on emotional effect on me, Have Mercy - The Earth Pushed Back.

In terms of pure energy, it was absolutely The Chariot. But my favorite show had to be Against Me! at The Troubadour in LA, that fulfilled all my hopes and dreams.

The new Listener album - Hot Pink / Clear Olive w/ Mint Splatter

Was the Texas Is the Reason - Do You Know Who You Are? reissue this year? Otherwise it was definitely those Streetlight Manifesto / Catch-22 represses. I am so glad to have those.

I could go for a copy of Hybrid Theory. Thanks Sec!