When is it considered flipping?

Guest Fredneck

Guest Fredneck

I am a collector. Just started this year. I will also sell a record every now and then. I am new to this forum. Looking for advise. Sharing my collection. Looking to talk to others about vinyl. Didn't know what "flipping" was until people started ripping me apart. I deleted the posts yesterday because I got sick of being called every name in the book for selling two records. I didn't join this forum to be talked down to like I was some stupid worthless POS. I plan on being around here for awhile. I will trade and sell with anyone. I have even made a few offers on vinyl that people turned down because it offer was not high enough. I am just getting answers.

For those who gave mature answers, Thank You. For the ones who feel the need to talk to me with the intelligents of an idiot, please move on.

...when you buy a record that came out 2 weeks ago and immediately put it on ebay with a $175 price tag...

Is there a time frame to consider when throwing around the "flipping" word?  If a record was released say 10 months ago is it okay to sell?  

For example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380612619202

Is there a time frame to consider when throwing around the "flipping" word?  If a record was released say 10 months ago is it okay to sell?  

For example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380612619202

everyone's opinion is going to be different on stuff like this....the fact is that when you buy something that came out within the last 3 weeks and immediately put on ebay with absurd prices, that IS flipping. You can't really argue around that either.

Plus, this guy openly admitted to flipping last night but then deleted it after he got torn apart.

I am a collector. Just started this year. I will also sell a record every now and then. I am new to this forum. Looking for advise. Sharing my collection. Looking to talk to others about vinyl. Didn't know what "flipping" was until people started ripping me apart. I deleted the posts yesterday because I got sick of being called every name in the book for selling two records. I didn't join this forum to be talked down to like I was some stupid worthless POS. I plan on being around here for awhile. I will trade and sell with anyone. I have even made a few offers on vinyl that people turned down because it offer was not high enough. I am just getting answers.

For those who gave mature answers, Thank You. For the ones who feel the need to talk to me with the intelligents of an idiot, please move on.

you got called out you tit

a lot of people here apparently have very strong feelings against "flippers". these are the same people who need their records to be worth something to continue collecting. what these people don't understand is they like when the prices get driven up on records they own, but hate when the price gets driven up on records they don't own [yet].

Give it a few years, new people. As long as you are patient and don't buy everything you want right away on ebay, you'll learn to prioritize and find the records you want.

I've found almost every record I've wanted and have bought little to none from 'flippers'.

To the OP- 'flippers' don't usually out themselves on the message board. if you do, you're going to get the anger of every record every person didn't get when it came out.

I now understand why members of this board have little patience for [us] new members. 

I think a lot of times it is because a lot of new members dont take the time to look for previous discussions on the topic. Their first post usually include creating threads that have already been discussed 4-5 times. There are some great threads that all new members should make an effort to read and get acquainted with.