Record Store Day

Guest Fredneck

I've done both for RSD. One advantage Criminal has over Decatur CD is the line going through the store is more orderly... you're kind of herded through. So, the earlier you get there, the better (as far as quick selling items are concerned.)

When I was at Decatur CD two years ago, I was 3rd or 4th in line. But because the rush to enter the store was so haphazard, it didn't matter. When the doors opened, the first 20 or so people in line just became a giant blob of chaos (for the first 20 minutes or so, anyway.) 

This year, I'll be in Asheville. I assume I'll go to Harvest Records, but if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Apparently they are going to have some semblance of line control this year. They aren't nearly as crowded and they're going to have beer so I will be there until they throw me out lol. 

I finally found a local store that will actually hold a couple things (mainly the White Stripes and Joan Jett reissues) for me since I work mornings. Unfortunately the guy doesn't think they're getting the Old 97s / Waylon Jennings double 7", so I may have to scrounge around other stores in the evening, or hit up ebay.

Son of a F%(%!!   That is EXACTLY why I hate RSD!  If it were possible to tell who doesn't have it garunteed in hand and might not actually come through with a sale because they couldnt get it at release, I would buy all their shit up just to ding them for negative feedback (That unforuntatley is the about the minium you can really do :( ... serious tears at this b.s.!)

What would be just as, if not worse, would be if those are shop owners who are not even going to offer that stock to people in store on RSD! 

That runs me through a mixture of emotions, and I am not even in the U.S. to particpate there this year!  Such B.S.!!

Scored a copy of Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim for 23 € on ebay. I hope it gets here safe, since its from Italy and their postservice sucks. Fingers crossed!

Where are you at in Germany?  I am in Munich and that is pretty much the only release I am going for.... I would probably pay the extra, what 14 - 16? euros shipping from Italy to be assured I got one...  as it is, I will be there in line... just not sure how early to go, or which shop is mostly likely to get good releases as this will be my first year here.. I asked in Optimal the other day they said they  wouldn't know what they got until they recieved their stuff....

I

I had to create a new account because I haven't been here in forever . . .

Reckless Records in Chicago has an exclusive RSD release! Here's the info from our Facebook, where you can also see an image.

IT'S OFFICIALLY HERE. REPOS. RECKLESS EXCLUSIVE RELEASE FOR RECORD STORE DAY. This wouldn't have been possible without the help of the shadowy figures at Youth Attack Records!

This REPOS LP is a live set recorded at a secret, invitation-only masked gala on 3.10.2013. It was rushed into production using Youth Attack & Reckless' Illuminati contacts and is here in time for Record Store Day.

don't know if anyone saw this (or cares) but Co Op 87 in Greenpoint (Brooklyn) opens its doors at midnight tonight..  its going to be open for 24 hours of Record Store Day

"If you are tuff enuff to come to Co-Op 87 Records ONCE an hour, EVERY hour of Record Store Day (24 visits!) and spend $10 on a record (not multiple records) at least ONCE for EACH of those hours, you'll be entitled to an INCREASING percentage off, starting at 4% and increasing BY 4% each time on ANY one record UP to $100! That means he or she who braves this madness could by the final hour, buy ANY $100 or less record for a WHOPPING 96% off!

almost makes me want to take the G train.  almost.

don't know if anyone saw this (or cares) but Co Op 87 in Greenpoint (Brooklyn) opens its doors at midnight tonight..  its going to be open for 24 hours of Record Store Day

"If you are tuff enuff to come to Co-Op 87 Records ONCE an hour, EVERY hour of Record Store Day (24 visits!) and spend $10 on a record (not multiple records) at least ONCE for EACH of those hours, you'll be entitled to an INCREASING percentage off, starting at 4% and increasing BY 4% each time on ANY one record UP to $100! That means he or she who braves this madness could by the final hour, buy ANY $100 or less record for a WHOPPING 96% off!

almost makes me want to take the G train.  almost.

Nod.

Going to Plan 9 this year. I think they have just about everything I want. I will pick up some records and then head over to the chilli cook off. Anyone have advise as to how I can keep my records in my car until 8. I would normally not do this but I am gonna be going to quite a few stores and going to the chilli cook off. I was thinking of putting them in mailers and sticking them in a cooler (no ice) to help regulate the temperature but if anyone has any advise I would love it.

i'm really hoping that the local media goes all out with camera crews at the local shops proclaiming "VINYL IS BACK!!!" That would be a fresh and enlightening piece that many viewers in the right demographics would really be interested in. :(