Po: Jimmy Eat World - damage

1) Damage gets better with listens

2) A futures repress would be fantastic so I hope that comes to light...and is a quality pressing

3) Gotta Be Somebody's Blues will be very cool to hear live. Maybe their sets will take on more of their moodier tracks. Chase This Light is probably my personal favorite from this band as it always makes me feel good inside but at the same time this song always stands out as an outlier. Its still very good and honestly will probably do better on the Damage tour.

I, literally, agree with everything you said.

this album is so damn good. by far my favorite thing since futures. "appreciation" is the best opener on an album of theirs since bleed american. i cant find a bad song on the entire thing. im so glad they made a straightforward rock record that is uniquely jimmy eat world. i have followed this band since 1999 when i saw em play a record store with no knife in vegas to 50 people touring on clarity. while i yearn for the band that released clarity and static prevails, im so happy to see them continuing to put out music that doesnt at all compromise their legacy, and in the instance of this album, builds on it.

ranking of albums:

Clarity

Static Prevails

Bleed American

Damage

Futures

Chase This Light

Invented

god i love this band.