Po: Jimmy Eat World - damage

It's too damn hot for all this emo bullshit.

Seriously though, this is just a follow up to a pretty lackluster album (Invented). I couldn't get through the entire album because it was making me tired haha.

If you PO'd it don't let these opinions ruin it for you. At least the album art is kinda cool  :D

All right, let's get into it. Rank the albums!

Clarity

Static Prevails

Bleed American

Damage

Futures

Invented

Chase This Light

(I don't even consider the S/T to be a "real" JEW record, it's soooo bad, but if I had to rank it it would be at the bottom)

Clarity

static prevails

bleed american

futures

chase this light

damage

invented

I don't know what people expect from this band if they find this album boring or sleepy. After more listens I can say for sure I enjoy it. They have been doing just about the same thing for years with just different themes or moods. At this point I don't expect the band to change music as I know it but they are truly a consistent solid band that always live up to my expectations. Personally I like their more mellow tracks so I welcome a lot of them.

I guess it could be boring if you expected a bunch of rock songs but their most classic songs since Clarity have been slow to mid-tempo.

i listened to it last night and liked it better than invented and chase this light.  my list would probably be similar to scott's, with the exception that i don't know if i'd place it before or after futures.  i didn't like futures as much as i do now when i first got it but it grew on me quite a bit.  this has the possibility of also growing on me more.

i liked the closing song on this album as well.

Futures is one of my all-time favorites. I know Invented wasn't their best effort but I'm surprised to see how many people here truly despise that album. I enjoyed it. This album, though, has been the first that hasn't grabbed me immediately. I think it's decent. You Were Good is definitely their weakest closer, by far. Just my couple of pennies.

There is no deep seeded hate towards Jimmy Eat World apparent in this thread (to me at least). Why would anyone need others to like an album as much as they do? That couldn't possibly make it any better than it actually is.

I don't think anyone "expected" them to do anything in particular. Like any artists, they're free to create whatever they want.

Byebyelove should have been the closer, and they should have not come in with another batch of choruses at the end. They should have built that bridge for another 5 minutes to make all of our heads explode.

Just my opinion. Lots of great moments on this album, and I think everyone is extra tough on Jimmy Eat World because they are such a consistently great band with so many solid albums. Think about it. Jimmy Eat World's worst album is better than most band's best album (regardless of what you think their worst album is).

Reddit AMA for Jimmy Eat World 

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ft84s/we_are_jimmy_eat_world_ama/

Edit for the lazy:

"We are looking into doing this. We'll keep you posted on jimmyeatworld.com" in regards to Futures getting a repress.

They want to tour with Metallica and Foo Fighters. They also have a relationship with Blink 182 and played at Hoppus' wedding.

They are thinking of adding "Gotta Be Somebody's Blues" to the setlist roster.

They came up with the band name 'Jimmy Eat World' when: "we literally spent 5 minutes discussing our band name. got asked to play a party in high school and didn't have a name so we decided on jimmy eat world without much thought".

More tour dates are still to be added for Damage, specifically for the UK.

1) Damage gets better with listens

2) A futures repress would be fantastic so I hope that comes to light...and is a quality pressing

3) Gotta Be Somebody's Blues will be very cool to hear live. Maybe their sets will take on more of their moodier tracks. Chase This Light is probably my personal favorite from this band as it always makes me feel good inside but at the same time this song always stands out as an outlier. Its still very good and honestly will probably do better on the Damage tour.