Po: Jimmy Eat World - damage

I don't get the hate Invented got. It was one their most tranquil album, had fantastic finisher, sounded like Jimmy Eat World.

That being said I love this new track. I know futures and clarity get all the love but I honestly find Jimmy Eat Wor to be one of the few bands so consistent I can't rank their albums or pick favorites. They all hit the spot in the right mood

Posting this up for all the Jimmy Eat World fans in the Southern California area.

http://www.91x.com/pages/jimmyeatworld/

Jimmy Eat World aren't playing X-Fest anymore because it got bumped to September to add Blink-182 to the lineup. What do they do? Announce a show at the House of Blues San Diego on the same day for $10! Details are on the link. See you there!

Something about the timing within this song is off-putting to me, all the emphasis is on 3 instead of 1.

So you're complaining that they put accents on other notes aside from the downbeat? Try listening to jazz or other well-structured music.

Song was decent. Not my favorite but has potential. Usually albums have more gems on them besides the first single.

I getting bored with invented as it is intended to be chill but Chase This Light has way more energy than Futures. Both are awesome but CTL starts big and ends big (energy wise). Invented always felt like a glossy clarity/futures mix. New song sounds like. Futures/CTL mix which should be great if it represents the album well.

You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see this album get a similar treatment to Bleed American. Give it a triple LP repress! If it didn't compromise the sound quality, I'd slap the original album on Side A and B, the bonus tracks like Jen, Shame, When I Want, You, The Concept, Work (Acoustic), and Sparkle on side C, the Stay On My Side Tonight Ep on side D. and the Demos from the deluxe edition on side E and F. I'd shit myself to see that come to life.

I bet they do something along these lines for the 10 year.