Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Rant: So today, I was checking a package that said it had been delivered but wasn't here when I got home.

I've noticed lately that my carrier scans them as delivered when he loads them into the truck. So if I check the tracking at 10 am, it says delivered, but he doesn't actually drop it off until 4:50.

Assuming he doesn't forget it and deliver the following day.

Lazy dick.

I literally dread going to my post office because they have the same guy at the counter they've had since I moved here in '98.  Here's the reviews of our post office on google+:

"They sometimes have a guy that works there on Saturday mornings, who looks like he ate horse tranquilizers, rat poison, Dramamine and Benadryl for breakfast; nothing compared to the new lady. Now they have this new nervous-superhyped women nutjob who works the counters in the morning sometimes."

"Guy that works the counter ALWAYS looks like he needs a shower, shave and a haircut. Not to mention don't dare ask for help because that will only slow him down further. Paint dries faster than this guy moves!!

Disliked: Painfully slow!!"

"Poor service!!! This is the worst postal office! The EMPLOYEE that is always there is unrespectful, rude, it looks that he doesn't like his job."

"The world's slowest post office. Seriously. It's painful to go there. Is that guy always hung over or does he just look that way?"

What's with the ad hominem? You think it's cool to prejudice against someone? Pretty lame to me man

I've noticed lately that my carrier scans them as delivered when he loads them into the truck. So if I check the tracking at 10 am, it says delivered, but he doesn't actually drop it off until 4:50.

Lazy dick.

Yea that's not cool at all, fortunately for me my guy scans it in front of me still... You should call your local post office and say you've noticed the scanning

Yea that's not cool at all, fortunately for me my guy scans it in front of me still... You should call your local post office and say you've noticed the scanning

That's what happened with mine at one time. So I have a note not to leave parcels, but it doesn't always happen that way.

Update on my earlier rant: I got my package, but the woman at the post office decided to lecture me on why they should just deliver my packages at my door so it would save them time. And i told her "I like to know I'm the one who received my packages not someone walking by." she was the same one from earlier who asked, "what do you want from me?" The only unhelpful person at my PO

I was hoping I would never have cause to post in here... but I guess it was only a matter of time. 

I ordered a copy of Hum's Astronaut from Earth Analogy, and had it shipped to my mail forwarding address in Portland, OR. I have LPs delivered there all the time with no issue, and most of the time the packages go through a sorting facility in Federal Way, WA. 

So this time, the LP goes from Memphis to Federal Way, then gets bounced back to Memphis, then back to Federal Way, then back to Missouri! Then it gets delivered somewhere in Illinois!!! 

Clearly someone has fucked up and my vinyl has been delivered to someone else... who I'm hoping will have the goodness to take it back to USPS and say it wasn't meant for them. 

I have emailed USPS via their customer service system... I haven't heard back yet.

Any suggestions as to how to get this one resolved?

That's what happened with mine at one time. So I have a note not to leave parcels, but it doesn't always happen that way.

Update on my earlier rant: I got my package, but the woman at the post office decided to lecture me on why they should just deliver my packages at my door so it would save them time. And i told her "I like to know I'm the one who received my packages not someone walking by." she was the same one from earlier who asked, "what do you want from me?" The only unhelpful person at my PO

That blows.

I would've asked for the supervisor at that point I hate when people are in the wrong and they tell you how it is. It's in their handbook to use best judgement whether or not to leave packages at the door and if the customer requests it to be brought back to the office that's the route they should go, it's a win win for everyone

I was hoping I would never have cause to post in here... but I guess it was only a matter of time. 

I ordered a copy of Hum's Astronaut from Earth Analogy, and had it shipped to my mail forwarding address in Portland, OR. I have LPs delivered there all the time with no issue, and most of the time the packages go through a sorting facility in Federal Way, WA. 

So this time, the LP goes from Memphis to Federal Way, then gets bounced back to Memphis, then back to Federal Way, then back to Missouri! Then it gets delivered somewhere in Illinois!!! 

Clearly someone has fucked up and my vinyl has been delivered to someone else... who I'm hoping will have the goodness to take it back to USPS and say it wasn't meant for them. 

I have emailed USPS via their customer service system... I haven't heard back yet.

Any suggestions as to how to get this one resolved?

Usually takes a day to get emailed or called back. Does your tracking info say "delivered." ? And do you have proof that the address used was correct? I would have that document ready in hand when they say "we deliver it to whatever address is printed on the label.'

Usually takes a day to get emailed or called back. Does your tracking info say "delivered." ? And do you have proof that the address used was correct? I would have that document ready in hand when they say "we deliver it to whatever address is printed on the label.'

Tracking info below... I have emailed Matt at Earth Analog to ask him to double check the address he sent the LP to.

eypi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got myself into a pickle with USPS! I've ordered a decent amount of things lately. Decided to put all tracking numbers into an email to myself, so I don't have to go looking through numerous emails/websites to find them. Recently one of the tracking numbers showed the package as 'Out for Delivery' but nothing was delivered that day. The next day a package was delivered, but it was a Canadian parcel with no tracking number through USPS. I checked the rogue tracking number and it lists KNOXVILLE, TN as the origin scan, so couldn't be the Canadian one. I look back through my emails, and I can't find where I had gotten this tracking number from, nor can I remember what it could possibly be. I've looked through my paypal, credit card statements and ebay etc. but everything I've ordered there has arrived. So now I have a tracking number of an undelivered package, with no idea what the package is or where it was ordered from.

I'm stumped.

• 2 weeks later...

shipped something out may 7. tracking says leaves post office may 7. then nothing. 

i've spent several hours on hold with USPS. i've been told "please hold for a minute while i look into this" while they put me on hold for 45 minutes until the call is dropped. i've been told investigations have been opened, then to later be told no investigation has been opened. 

i didn't pay for insurance on something going from chicago to michigan. but for whatever reason they lost the package the first day between the post office and the sorting facility. how do they fuck up this bad?

and apparently if you don't pay for insurance, it's your fault and USPS holds no responsibility even though they were the ones that FUCKING LOST IT.

Yesterday USPS delivered two 7"s to me (in one mailer) and decided to put it inside of my mailbox. Tight fit, but luckily they didn't break anything.

On Saturday my mail carrier bent a full 12" to fit inside my regular sized mailbox. It was shipped in a flexible cardboard box, but if you've ever tried to bend a sealed lp in half, you know whatever is in the package should not be bent like that. Also surprisingly it didn't break, but needless to say that is one warped record.

Lazy dick.

This happens to me all the time.

shipped something out may 7. tracking says leaves post office may 7. then nothing. 

i've spent several hours on hold with USPS. i've been told "please hold for a minute while i look into this" while they put me on hold for 45 minutes until the call is dropped. i've been told investigations have been opened, then to later be told no investigation has been opened. 

i didn't pay for insurance on something going from chicago to michigan. but for whatever reason they lost the package the first day between the post office and the sorting facility. how do they fuck up this bad?

and apparently if you don't pay for insurance, it's your fault and USPS holds no responsibility even though they were the ones that FUCKING LOST IT.

Didn't USPS start offering something like $50 of insurance on every package about a year ago(ish)?  Or did I just imagine that?

Didn't USPS start offering something like $50 of insurance on every package about a year ago(ish)?  Or did I just imagine that?

for priority. unfortunately i shipped first class. apparently, if you don't ship priority, part of your fee is a license for USPS to lose or steal whatever they want without any responsibility. 

i ordered a record over a month ago and had it in my head that it was a preorder, so didn't think much of not receiving it. i was getting antsy, so i looked up the release date over the weekend and apparently it was shipping over a month ago. never got it. never got a shipping notification or tracking info. emailed the label. they looked up the tracking info and apparently three "delivery attempts" were made, then it was "abandoned", and is now on its way back to the label (i think....last seen was in jersey 2 weeks ago).

i have a large note on my mailbox stating that it's ok to leave my packages in the hall. despite "multiple delivery attempts" with "notices left," i never got a single notice telling me i had anything that needed to be picked up.

perhaps this is why they call them "mail carriers" and not "mail deliverers"  :(

Damn you still have USPS problems? Have you spoken to the manager at the local post office? That's what I would do. I would also demand to see better results. Tell them exactly what you have stated here. That you have not received any notification cards at you're door.

i tried. i was told i could post a notice saying that packages can be left in the hall. did that. worked for a month. now, back to where i started. i tried talking to them again, but my PO is literally they worst. they just told me their records state that notices were left, so i must have just somehow missed them...

i tried. i was told i could post a notice saying that packages can be left in the hall. did that. worked for a month. now, back to where i started. i tried talking to them again, but my PO is literally they worst. they just told me their records state that notices were left, so i must have just somehow missed them...

I don't understand how you could miss them, unless you are walking into your apartment texting on your phone or something, I feel they are skimping out on you. I'd tell the manager there is no way on Gods green earth that you could've missed 3 frickin notice slips! That's just absurd I feel like they're cheating you. Hope your investigation goes well!