Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9114901159815389598792

Takes a week to get to Bell Gardens from CA? Something fishy.

10463959_10152742175903243_1911642148680

Oh, now it makes sense.

I bought it used, originally thought the jacket was just messed up from the original owner, but the mailer looks tooooo suspicious.

This is Royal Mail related, not usps, but anyway...

My local post office consistently tries to overcharge me for shipping LPs, royal mail has two different dimensions for shipping small parcels, one of those a deep box, the other the perfect size for LP mailers. They insist that the only size is smaller, deeper box resulting in my mailers being too wide and try to charge me a fiver to post an LP second class, despite me actually getting up the royal mail website and quoting the dimensions to them.

Fuck those guys.

Two different packages shipped to me in Buffalo, NY

Package one:

6/19: Shipped from "China" (yes, it just says "China")

6/20: Processed through Shenyang, China

6/26: Processed through Queens, NY

6/27: Processed through Rochester, NY

6/28: Arrived/Delivered in Buffalo, NY

10 days, 6,419 miles

Package two:

6/18: Shipped from Boston, MA

6/19: Processed through Jersey City, NJ

6/21: Processed through Jersey City, NJ

6/23: Processed through Philadelphia, PA

6/25: Processed through Jersey City, NJ

6/27: Processed through Pittsburgh, PA

6/30: Arrived/Delivered in Buffalo, NY

13 days, 453.7 miles

Makes total sense

Considering what other countries pay for postal services, the US is pretty fortunate to have a (mostly) affordable and reasonable postal service, but that's no excuse for damages and mixups caused by the USPS.

I definitely believe that the system could use some reworking to be more efficient. Doing so would ultimately keep costs static for the time being and make the service faster.

Unfortunately, it'll likely be sometime until that happens. The USPS should first be privatized and removed from the government. That way, it can actually run as a true business rather than an organization semi-relient the government.

I won a record on ebay and it's coming from MA to Central Florida. Anybody have experience with records, from or to those places?

I want to know if anyone has had experience with USPS shipping from Massachusetts or to central Florida. I'm receiving a record from an ebay auction I won through USPS.

lol

Guest jonpasqual

Purchased Deja Entendu for $200 on vinyl. Guy packaged it properly. insured it. provided tracking. USPS!!! LOST IT!!!! I spent 3 weeks! contacting them every day! I live in New Jersey. It came to the sort facility in Jersey City, assuming I'd get the record that day or the next. What happens? NOPE! they decided to send it to fucking Kentucky! they then told me it was lost. Then I told them it was insured for $500 and that I would get my money back and just became a huuuuge dick to them. Two days later I get a knock at my door its my record (the box was all fucked up) but the LP was PERFECT. I signed for it and will NEVER sell LP's and ship through USPS ever again. 

WHAT FUCKFACE COULDN'T READ!?

Ha, I have no clue. I sent this to someone and this is the picture I get back. It was an art print inside the package ha. Fucking destroyed. I got it insured but have never dealt with the insurance claim aspect of shipping stuff. Any recommendations/tips/guides on how to go about it, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...