Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

Not one of my records (thank god) but this guy I follow on IG from Australia collects Revelation Records releases and other early hardcore records. This is a Killing Time record that met its demise from the fedex guy, but still. FUUUUUUCK

925850_300369830122333_1956610138_n.jpg

Damn!!! That made me cringe just looking at it.

I don't understand how you could miss them, unless you are walking into your apartment texting on your phone or something, I feel they are skimping out on you. I'd tell the manager there is no way on Gods green earth that you could've missed 3 frickin notice slips! That's just absurd I feel like they're cheating you. Hope your investigation goes well!

I swear they claim to leave them, but don't because it takes time to write them out.  I've had the same thing happen, no notices left, and the PO didnt have it.  Luckily the shipper insured it, so it was resolved quickly.

RlyL7P5.jpg

I sold someone this record. This is what they sent. They are overseas.

Awful. Just awful.

On that note, they asked me what I propose to do about it. What is the right course of action here?

Edit - they showed the 7" sleeve with two bad creases in it. But the vinyl is fine it appears.

RlyL7P5.jpg

Awful. Just awful.

On that note, they asked me what I propose to do about it. What is the right course of action here?

Edit - they showed the 7" sleeve with two bad creases in it. But the vinyl is fine it appears.

unfortunately, if i've learned anything working with USPS, it's that you are responsible. So either ask them to send it back for a refund or work out a partial refund. I'm going to start requiring insurance on any item worth over $50. 

unfortunately, if i've learned anything working with USPS, it's that you are responsible. So either ask them to send it back for a refund or work out a partial refund. I'm going to start requiring insurance on any item worth over $50. 

But its overseas. If I ask them to send back, it'd cost another ~$12. That's x2 is what the record is worth. I've never had someone agree to sending it back overseas. I'll probably suggest that though.

Partial refunds are the worst. I feel like I get scammed every time. (and by every time I mean never cause I ain't into that)

But its overseas. If I ask them to send back, it'd cost another ~$12. That's x2 is what the record is worth. I've never had someone agree to sending it back overseas. I'll probably suggest that though.

Partial refunds are the worst. I feel like I get scammed every time. (and by every time I mean never cause I ain't into that)

i wouldn't pay for return shipping. i'd just say if they want to send it back, you'll refund. they probably won't want to. sucks either way. but at least it's not an expensive record .

Offer the partial refund Grant. It's the easiest way to resolve it. Selling overseas is a bigger headache than it's worth and I find the increase in complaints correlates to the vinyl explosion. The more people collecting the more shitbags in the mix. 

As to that Killing Time LP - that's mostly sad since it's a great record. In Effect put out some awesome awesome stuff. I remember seeing them open a Bad Religion show in '94 and being blown away. The records never met the live performance but Brightside is great nonetheless.

RlyL7P5.jpg

Awful. Just awful.

Dude asked for a vinyl + shipping to him + shipping to me refund.

And "cardboard you used is too lightweight for internationnal."

I'm about to just cut out international orders.

Dude asked for a vinyl + shipping to him + shipping to me refund.

And "cardboard you used is too lightweight for internationnal."

I'm about to just cut out international orders.

buyers like that just destroy international shopping for the people who think realistically

Like most labels, damage during shipping is not (necessarily) their problem or their fault. I don't believe that a label (or cardboard company) has in mind "these mailers are for international shipping because they're nice and heavyweight," so that accusation about the cardboard being too lightweight is bullshit. How were you supposed to know that would happen? It looks like it was dipped in water and stepped on a few times.

I usually explicitly state that once the record leaves my hands, it's not my problem and they can pay for insurance if they want. Usually my PO is great about stuff, but I got this a while back right after RSD. I'm not sure how to post Instagram photos on here so that's why I chose a link.

Painful, man. Painful.

Apparently, USPS doesn't like Kishi Bashi very much. This is my friend's copy that she got from Joyful Noise a few days ago. She said that the mailer was basically bent in half and that this picture doesn't even cover all of the damage. I'm sure the sleeve is totally destroyed too.

Apparently, though, the bonus 7" survived somewhat unscathed.

10401790_1427353700870528_742357660_n.jp

so I have never had any issues with USPS until recently.

i sold someone a record on here. sent it out to them, Ohio to NY. It was sent on the 13th I believe and has been sitting in Jersey City since the 15th. I talked to my local post office today and the guy said to wait a few more days and then he will see what he can find out. He said Media Mail takes longer than other methods, really dude? Fucking a.

i sold someone a record on here. sent it out to them, Ohio to NY. It was sent on the 13th I believe and has been sitting in Jersey City since the 15th. I talked to my local post office today and the guy said to wait a few more days and then he will see what he can find out. He said Media Mail takes longer than other methods, really dude? Fucking a.

I had a similar experience once. I had two-day priority shipping on a record and it sat at the post office for two weeks before it left. On the bright side, it actually arrived two days after it left the post office.

JERSEY CITY IS THE WORST