Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

When my High Violet purple pre-order LP was stolen/disappeared after delivery, the employee at my USPS was also an aggressive, unhelpful banshee over the phone. Their argument was "It's not our problem. How do WE know what happened to it?" Luckily, XL Recordings/Beggars was cool and sent me a second copy overnight for free.

Last week, the mail man threw my LP package behind my side gate...where my two (thankfully well trained) dogs were surely jumping up and down on said gate upon his presence.

USPS just don't understand the gravity of vinyl collecting, man.

USPS just don't understand the gravity of vinyl collecting, man.

Truer words have never been spoken. I live in New England where most mailboxes are equipped to hold about 4 standard size envelopes. Said mailboxes are generally mounted on your house by the front door. I've had some bastard postal workers shove boxes of LPs down in the box and in turn bending sleeve corners and (I SUSPECT they are responsible for) warping a couple. Not to mention that as of yesterday I had my first package go missing (and it was comics, not even vinyl)...

I wish I could the mail carrier for all you guys. Some of this shit is fucked up. Especially Dave's situation.

I suggest that whenever you guys call your office make sure to ask to speak to the postmaster because the clerks are usually dumb as hell and don't usually know what they're talking about. The postmaster should actually be able to resolve issues and be well informed on things

I suggest that whenever you guys call your office make sure to ask to speak to the postmaster because the clerks are usually dumb as hell and don't usually know what they're talking about. The postmaster should actually be able to resolve issues and be well informed on things

I was not aware of that.  Thanks for the advice Brock, if I ever have a problem with a package I will do just that.

I wish I could the mail carrier for all you guys. Some of this shit is fucked up. Especially Dave's situation.

At least there's one mail carrier in the country who knows how to handle vinyl. Well my mail lady does a pretty good job too.

I LOVE my normal carrier. Dude has a HWM tattoo and everything. I've just been shit on by an asshole who thinks it's the easiest way to deal with something instead of showing an ounce of compassion for a crime victim. The records - I haven't opened the package yet since I'm not done dealing with that one - but that is piddling. It is a bunch of Polyvinyl Garage Sale mayhem and in the grand scheme of life it is nothing. But to come to a resident and say "you are a victim and now we are going to make your life very difficult in terms of mail delivery" is simply absurd. I did what I was told and have been shit on by the Post Office for it. So yeah, the comment about giving them hell - it isn't about replaceable records but the person I dealt with shouldn't be there since they obviously don't care about what their job represents in the least. 

Hell, I beat the IRS when they made an error. It took 9 months of fighting and the actions of my US Congressman so I don't see this one as unfixable. 

I LOVE my normal carrier. Dude has a HWM tattoo and everything. I've just been shit on by an asshole who thinks it's the easiest way to deal with something instead of showing an ounce of compassion for a crime victim. The records - I haven't opened the package yet since I'm not done dealing with that one - but that is piddling. It is a bunch of Polyvinyl Garage Sale mayhem and in the grand scheme of life it is nothing. But to come to a resident and say "you are a victim and now we are going to make your life very difficult in terms of mail delivery" is simply absurd. I did what I was told and have been shit on by the Post Office for it. So yeah, the comment about giving them hell - it isn't about replaceable records but the person I dealt with shouldn't be there since they obviously don't care about what their job represents in the least. 

Hell, I beat the IRS when they made an error. It took 9 months of fighting and the actions of my US Congressman so I don't see this one as unfixable. 

Good luck, Dave!

Maybe I am in just in a unique situation but I have all my records delivered at work where I know all the delivery people personally. I am the shipping receiving guy so they deal with me daily. It was my USPS girl that suggested having everything delivered there since the business address receives so much they get handled a little less by the delivery people. So far I have never had a package messed up. No chance y'all can have the merch delivered to your work?
Hate seeing all of ya'lls stuff get so messed up.

Maybe I am in just in a unique situation but I have all my records delivered at work where I know all the delivery people personally. I am the shipping receiving guy so they deal with me daily. It was my USPS girl that suggested having everything delivered there since the business address receives so much they get handled a little less by the delivery people. So far I have never had a package messed up. No chance y'all can have the merch delivered to your work?

Hate seeing all of ya'lls stuff get so messed up

Same here.  At least I know that my records are in good hands when I have them delivered to the office.

Looks like Dave is going postal... ha ha

Sorry, that wasn't as funny as I thought it was. Good luck getting it resolved, man. Call up your Congressman again!

That IRS matter was insane. I happened to lick stamps on that Congressmans first campaign for local office when I was 7. That was a hell of a fight. This one should be fine, i have requested a meeting with my local post master to resolve it. Hopefully it will all happen quick and amicably.

Hate seeing all of ya'lls stuff get so messed up.

If I keep buying as much vinyl as I have been lately I might need to start having it shipped to my work.  I don't want to upset the girlfriend  :P