Cliff Martinez - Only God Forgives OST - 2LP - Out 7/16

i like it better the more i think about it. few things were bleh to me though.

his mom was such a cunt, and the oedipal/freudian themes were a bit heavy handed. what was the deal with the karaoke scenes?

To me, those seem to be thrown in there to juxtapose everything that was going on and a sort of cleansing for him.Given everything that he does in this movie, haha

Watched this via Apple TV last night. Visually and sonically incredible. Overall storyline was kinda weak, but still worth a watch.

Cliff Martinez nailed it in this film. The score complements it so well. Glad I ordered a copy of it.

10/10 would watch/listen again

thanks for the heads up! stoked that this is on iTunes !!!!!

I watched this movie Saturday and am still not sure that I enjoyed it. I really want to have liked it, and the idea behind the story and overall look/feel of the movie is spot-on... but as was mentioned before the actual execution of the story was very weak. Nothing was explained or told. The whole movie is kind of a snapshot in time with no real explanation of the events prior to this snapshot or anything after.

That being said CM did a great job with the soundtrack/score. Glad I picked up the release.

Seeing it at the Alamo Drafthouse tonight here in Austin even though I bought it on iTunes Monday, still wanted to see it on the big screen.  Took a chance with the soundtrack and ordered through Hastings since it was a few dollars cheaper.  Hopefully it doesn't come destroyed, but I have had good luck with Hastings so far.

<knocks on the collective wood> 

Just watched.

Meh.

I love the baby goose. The film was visually stunning, soundtrack was sweet. But, story-wise? Completely lacking.

Also: Still glad I got the OST, it's great. Makes the 4 Thai songs even more meaningful, and the red and blue discs makes a lot of sense now. Will always bring to mind scenes from the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched.

Meh.

I love the baby goose. The film was visually stunning, soundtrack was sweet. But, story-wise? Completely lacking.

Also: Still glad I got the OST, it's great. Makes the 4 Thai songs even more meaningful, and the red and blue discs makes a lot of sense now. Will always bring to mind scenes from the movie.

Agreed. Saw it last night. My lady and I walked out scratching our heads, but loved the cinematography. Oh well.

bZ8dlRc.jpg