Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

also - just got through the first listen.  this is a dense record.  it seems very expansive in influence.  there are songs i hear a lot of 90s-esque movements, songs i get a big unwed sailor-esque vibe from, songs with a hint of a catchy emocore hook.  it's very... listenable?  i'm gonna take shit for that.  it moves from beginning to end with a lot of different sounds and feelings.  i think i said the same thing when comparing PTSBBAM and TTBOADH, but this record seems far more thought through than their previous material (and i thought PTSBBAM was very well thought through).  i think my favorite track might be non fiction.  we'll see where that stands in a day or two.

also - just got through the first listen.  this is a dense record.  it seems very expansive in influence.  there are songs i hear a lot of 90s-esque movements, songs i get a big unwed sailor-esque vibe from, songs with a hint of a catchy emocore hook.  it's very... listenable?  i'm gonna take shit for that.  it moves from beginning to end with a lot of different sounds and feelings.  i think i said the same thing when comparing PTSBBAM and TTBOADH, but this record seems far more thought through than their previous material (and i thought PTSBBAM was very well thought through).  i think my favorite track might be non fiction.  we'll see where that stands in a day or two.

I can hear this as well. I don't who Unwed Sailor are, but I do know what you mean about the different styles and sounds going through the record. It keeps it fresh in that they're not keeping a typical sound. The last three songs are the rippers for me on this. 

I can hear this as well. I don't who Unwed Sailor are, but I do know what you mean about the different styles and sounds going through the record. It keeps it fresh in that they're not keeping a typical sound. The last three songs are the rippers for me on this. 

unwed sailor were (are?) an instrumental band on burnt toast.  very movement-oriented and melodic.  i recommend The Faithful Anchor to anyone who likes music.  it's a beautiful record.