Zimmerman Not Guilty.

A thought I had: I was very ignorant of 'white privilege' for a long time. It took me moving to a predominately black city, shacking up with my black girlfriend, and having a biracial child to really understand just what freedom means in this country. Pretty tough to not sympathize with the murder of a kid who wasn't doing anything wrong, but just being black and walking through a majorly white neighborhood that had a lot of crime at the time.

Read this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/07/law-and-justice-and-george-zimmerman/277772/

"What the verdict tells us is, to the astonishment of tens of millions of us, is that you can go looking for trouble in Florida, with a gun and a great deal of racial bias, and you can find that trouble, and you can act upon that trouble in a way that leaves a young man dead, and none of it guarantees that you will be convicted of a crime. But this curious result says as much about Florida's judicial and legislative sensibilities as it does about Zimmerman's conduct that night. This verdict would not have occurred in every state. It might not even have occurred in any other state. But it occurred here, a tragic confluence that leaves a young man's untimely death unrequited under state law. Don't like it? Lobby to change Florida's laws" 

Read this article: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/07/law-and-justice-and-george-zimmerman/277772/

"What the verdict tells us is, to the astonishment of tens of millions of us, is that you can go looking for trouble in Florida, with a gun and a great deal of racial bias, and you can find that trouble, and you can act upon that trouble in a way that leaves a young man dead, and none of it guarantees that you will be convicted of a crime. But this curious result says as much about Florida's judicial and legislative sensibilities as it does about Zimmerman's conduct that night. This verdict would not have occurred in every state. It might not even have occurred in any other state. But it occurred here, a tragic confluence that leaves a young man's untimely death unrequited under state law. Don't like it? Lobby to change Florida's laws" 

sink florida, sink.

Just as in the Casey Anthony trial, it is the state's duty to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Because they didn't nearly do that, there is no way he could have been found guilty. The jurors decided correctly, no matter how tragic the event was. I reside in Florida (for the moment) and if this does anything, hopefully it will force congress will look into these laws a little more carefully.

From the politics on the newsbox many folks said they expected him to be found not guilty. I'm not sure of the legal reason but the verdict didn't come as a surprise to many in the legal community.

However from a pure justice stand point this is as fucked up as it gets.  

From the politics on the newsbox many folks said they expected him to be found not guilty. I'm not sure of the legal reason but the verdict didn't come as a surprise to many in the legal community.

legalmindedpunk on twitter is outraged!

No such thing as justice in a case like this. Rarely ever such a thing anywhere.

volusia county is a JOKE. does the name brian blalock mean anything to you?

Lol no man, I don't actually live in volusia county, I just go to school here. Not really a fan of the area

I'm just stating that that literally wouldn't happen. I don't know if you were trying to make fun of where I live for 7 months out of the year or...

Lol no man, I don't actually live in volusia county, I just go to school here. Not really a fan of the area

I'm just stating that that literally wouldn't happen. I don't know if you were trying to make fun of where I live for 7 months out of the year or...

no i lived there for a good portion of two years and...just sheesh!

If you've been on twitter it's worse. Especially with everyone posting Zimmerman personal details and claiming that they are going to kill him of send someone to do it

Yeah youtube comments sections and twitter are the places where scum feels that they have a voice.

"I can't spell but goddamn it this my chance to let people know what a fucktard I am IRL!"