The White Album #A0000001 for sale anybody here super rich ?

but music as a whole today has come so much farther. There are so many other better things I could be listening to now.

Uhh, not quite. People are still using the same techniques and writing the same old songs the Beatles did back in the 60s. Music really hasn't come that far.

"vinyl in its heyday" reminded me of when my parents came to visit me for like a week for my 30th birthday in march. we sat there every afternoon listening to their old records, half on my TT and half on their old one that i have hooked up, and it was like the closest thing to a time machine i will ever get, hanging with my parents listening to the stuff they rocked out to in the 70s.

felt really good. that's what this is all supposed to be about

and for the record i do love the song "lucy in the sky with diamonds"

Saying it's just not your thing is one thing, but to actually DISLIKE the Beatles is being purposely contrarian.  Amongst a million other great qualities, they are one of the few career bands that actually continued to get better with each release.  No one else has ever come close to doing that for as long of a duration as the Beatles did over 16 albums.

I can't recite track listings on each album but I can tell you they are fun albums.  Sure the early shit was bubblegum corporate B.S. but you can't use that argument from Rubber Soul on.  Sgt. Pepper's opening track, I Want You (She's So Heavy), and Don't Let Me Down are 3 later edition amazing guitar songs regardless if they were released then or in 2013.  If that shit was released today we'd all be calling it a better Tame Impala.

I come from a perspective of finally sitting down a few years ago, getting with the times, and actually going through their albums so if I didn't like them I could articulately define why.  Rejecting a band's quality due to the public's overly positive perception is the equivalent of disliking a band because they're not popular.

i don't trust anyone who doesn't like the Beatles. 

You have to look at us as musically challenged or disabled/ handicapped. We've tried. I really do have red-green color deficiency, but perfect pitch. We don't hate at all, and there's a couple or three tracks that are ace. It's just vanilla when you can have Edy's Key Lime Pie ice cream. And it's a different thing nodding the cap to the Fab 4 for so many bands downstream/influence vs. resonating with the music. And they are THE favorite band of the person who got me into music in the first place!

But you still don't have to trust me :P

i don't trust anyone who doesn't like the Beatles. 

Same here!

It's not that I dislike them necessarily. It's just that I'm only 21, born well after their heyday. It would be one thing if I was around when they were popular, but music as a whole today has come so much farther. There are so many other better things I could be listening to now. 

I'm 28 and I'm listening to the Beatles for ~ 25 years now...my favorite band of all times! I don't think that one can argue with age here...because the Beatles made the most time-less music ever!

And regarding the second part of your post, I have to quote Alex:

any Beatles album from Rubber Soul on is better than your favorite band's best album.

:wub: :wub: :wub:  YES!

Regarding the OP: I love the Beatles sooooo much, but don't have that kind of money :D Would buy it!

This is pretty cool, but I won't be impressed until the copy marked "No. 0000001" comes on sale ZGK5Wy4.gif

Seriously though, I don't see how people can actually dislike The Beatles. Indifference I could understand, but there isn't really that much to hate. They were talented (and prolific) songwriters, as well as talented musicians and innovators. I have been on a Rubber Soul kick recently, throw on Nowhere Man or In My Life and there's no way you can not like it.

Songs like Come Together, A Day In The Life and I'm Only Sleeping will always sound fresh as far as I'm concerned :)

Rubber Soul is way over rated...and the Who are a much better band said no one ever.

Fixed.

it is totally true, in terms of real music released the who is far better, hell even the kinks are better. the myth and and commercial appeal of the Beatles is what attracts people to that crap. That and you can listen to it and yr grandma wont get mad.

I went through a beatles Kick when I started learning to play guitar. My tastes have changed since then, and while I dont' HATE the Beatles, I don't have the heavy praise for them I used to.

Part of that comes from me learning just how much of an asshole John Lennon was for someone who build a career and public image on the peace and love movement. It also comes from recognizing that while early Beatles is good, it's still bubblegum pop nonsense, and it's rare I want to listen to that. My dad grew up while they were huge, and he HATED them when they first came out. Thought it was awful. He thought they got way better toward the end of their career. (and I hold the opinion that if you like early Beatles over late Beatles, you are an idiot.)

But yeah, understand the relevance and importance, just like a lot of other stuff more. Rubber Soul onward, yadda yadda yadda...

Rubber Soul is way over rated...and the Who are a much better band said no one ever.

it is totally true, in terms of real music released the who is far better, hell even the kinks are better. the myth and and commercial appeal of the Beatles is what attracts people to that crap. That and you can listen to it and yr grandma wont get mad.

The Kinks made quite a few crap albums.

Took me a long time for the Beatles to click. Didn't happen until my mid-20's. Their output and growth in such a short time period is mind-boggling by today's album every 2-3 years formula. 

This.

No other band has ever come close to releasing 12 (incredible) studio albums over the course of 7 years WHILE ALSO having such a lasting impact on the majority of modern music as we know it today.