List of Restaurants/Breweries that brew there own root beer

Hey, 

I'm moving to a new part of the country soon for school and just wanted to know if people had any cool places where they got locally brewed root beer/soda. I know most BJ's restaurants brew their own root beer, but I was wondering what other cool places are out there.

Also cool are shops where you pick up bottled root beer/soda.

edit: should be 'their' not 'there' in the title. sorry.

I love the idea of this thread because it has to do with root beer. As for what exaclty the OP is asking for I'm not sure. Again location would help.

In NYC Heartland Brewery makes their own beers, root beer, and a few other soda flavors. Great restaurant.

As for "breweries" making their own root beer I agree with smailtronic Abita is good stuff as well.

As for good root beers you could pick up in stores theres your standard root beers in store, and then theres stuff thats regional. Again in the NYC area Boylan's makes good root beers and amazing birch beers. I like Virgil's too (haha).

Here's one of many list and review sites of various root beer companies. Many are small/independent.

http://www.gourmetrootbeer.com/reviews.html

I used to read another one more often like 5 years ago and forgot the domain name.

Please OP some clarity in the title.

Sorry people, should've been more specific. I'm moving to Ames to go to ISU for grad school, but I was genuinely interested in hearing of all the different places around the country that have cool root beer. I've lived on the west coast most of my life and well since there's not much to do in Ames, I hope to travel a lot during the summers and breaks.

Thanks so much for entries thus far!  :)

And sorry for all those bummed by the 'root.'

don't drink the other kind. got some bad run-ins with it via family.

Also sorry if it was a bad first post. This is my first thread in the community. I'll try harder!

Sorry people, should've been more specific. I'm moving to Ames to go to ISU for grad school, but I was genuinely interested in hearing of all the different places around the country that have cool root beer. I've lived on the west coast most of my life and well since there's not much to do in Ames, I hope to travel a lot during the summers and breaks.

Thanks so much for entries thus far! :)

And sorry for all those bummed by the 'root.'

don't drink the other kind. got some bad run-ins with it via family.

Also sorry if it was a bad first post. This is my first thread in the community. I'll try harder!

There is nothing in Ames, Iowa. Should've gone somewhere cooler.