PO: Get Up Kids "Eudora" 2xLP & "On A Wire" LP represses /1000

I feel like on the wire is the favorite record of this band for people who didnt listen to them when they put out something to write home about and red letter days.  on the wire sucks.  such a boring record.  this is the least-exciting TGUK news ever, repressing a mediocre/boring record and a record full of b-sides with two good covers. 

I completely disagree.  I like all their albums, and listened to them from the start.  On A Wire is a fantastic album.  People were pissed because they were expecting Something to Write Home About part 2.  Honestly, I like Four Minute Mile better than STWHA.  Musicians change over time.  Get over it.

I completely disagree. I like all their albums, and listened to them from the start. On A Wire is a fantastic album. People were pissed because they were expecting Something to Write Home About part 2. Honestly, I like Four Minute Mile better than STWHA. Musicians change over time. Get over it.

Yep! On A Wire took some getting used to, but it's really good songwriting. Probably took me a year to love it after being so attached to their earlier material. I still can't get into There Are Rules.

Yep! On A Wire took some getting used to, but it's really good songwriting. Probably took me a year to love it after being so attached to their earlier material. I still can't get into There Are Rules.

cool.  Give There Are Rules some more spins.  It's really good, though another big departure.  Guilt Show is the only album I don't love.  Though, it's still worth owning.

I saw this news a week ago but didn't think about mentioning it because I have both of these already. Pretty sure I bought a dude's collection in 2010 which was 80 records at $2 a piece and these two were in there. Hmm... I can't remember.

Here's the thing about TGUK: there just a great freaking band.They matured as writers and musicians every record. Each album has a unique feel. I can say unequivocally that Something To Write Home About is my favorite. But I love On A Wire and Guilt Show is fantastic too. I hated that last thing that came out two years ago. But OAW is solid. Eudora is fun but unnecessary.

I completely disagree.  I like all their albums, and listened to them from the start.  On A Wire is a fantastic album.  People were pissed because they were expecting Something to Write Home About part 2.  Honestly, I like Four Minute Mile better than STWHA.  Musicians change over time.  Get over it.

let me find a cookie for you

So are the copies available through Amazon 180g as well? I just bought Eudora over at Kings Road and On A Wire at Amazon. Only Eudora was advertised as being 180. I didnt see anything on Amazon about 180. (Id have gotten OAW over at Kings Road Merch had it not been listed as Sold Out) Amazon also says nothing about the number of copies being limited to 1000 either.

I love both these albums. Very excited to get these either way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish they'd reissue STWHA. I'm having a hard time shelling out $60 for it. I finally bought the Red Letter Day 10" off of discogs, and I'm so glad. The sound has a much more open, less compressed sound than my cd (or least the rip of my cd, which long since disappeared). These two records are two of my favorite of that era. 4 Minute Mile was also awesome, but I could swear it was a superchunk record. :-)

I wish they'd reissue STWHA. I'm having a hard time shelling out $60 for it. I finally bought the Red Letter Day 10" off of discogs, and I'm so glad. The sound has a much more open, less compressed sound than my cd (or least the rip of my cd, which long since disappeared). These two records are two of my favorite of that era. 4 Minute Mile was also awesome, but I could swear it was a superchunk record. :-)

this was repressed a couple years ago

and doghouse records sold stwha for $8 last year...i think it was in december as a holiday sale.

at least this is where I got mine.

Still goes for 40+ on ebay easily. Those copies sold out insanely quick too, desperately wanted one but had to luck out and find it for 20 on discogs instead.

Still goes for 40+ on ebay easily. Those copies sold out insanely quick too, desperately wanted one but had to luck out and find it for 20 on discogs instead.

Yeah, they came and went while I took my dog for a walk. The price has been insane for about a year on this record. I'm just going to have to suck it up I guess. I'm not sure I've ever even seen it on vinyl in the last decade. I had a friend who had a copy back when it was released, but you just never see them.