Guest deathbydrums

HUGE Koz fan here and let me start with this: He has been DONE since April in my opinion (with slight exception to Perils). This is not to say that ATL and AFP had their gems, but as a whole his new records have been unbearable. How many songs to we need to hear about how your back hurts and how exceptionally talented you are?

Please go back to the days of Old Ramon and Ghosts, play either of those against Benji and you cannot argue

Benji is 1/10 guys, let's be real here

You forgot a 0

When I saw Mark a couple months ago he pointed out that there was a single empty seat in the front row. He told us how much it bugged him and asked if anyone wanted to move up and take it. One guy yelled yes and Mark immediately turned him down saying he wanted a woman to take the seat because it was a sausage fest for the first couple rows. He got an attractive woman to move up and take the seat. The concert rolled on and was beautiful. After the show, Mark gave the girl his number. Haha.

I saw him a few years ago and he made some comments about a girl that gave me the impression he was a letch.  I was disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...

while i get the appeal of Benji... and i enjoy it quite a bit for what it is, i still think it's being overrated by many critics.

it seems the ones who love it most are people who didn't particular care for (or even listen) to Sun Kil Moon in the past (mostly Ghosts of the Great Highway and April).

my first 1-2 listens of Benji WERE pretty amazing, i can't lie... but like someone said, it listens like a collection of short stories and obituaries, which to me has very little replay value as a result. i mean, even your most favorite books/short stories of all time, how many of you have read them more than twice?

i prefer the more lush/full band, poetic, and melodic Koz to this funny, self deprecating, stream of consciousness Koz.

if you haven't checked out the last two Desertshore albums (Drawing of Threes especially), definitely do so... Mercy and a few songs off Threes are some of Mark's best work ever for me.

p.s. i'm pretty sure have an extra unopened white copy of Admiral Fell Promises that i'd be willing to part with.

I was listening to Red House Painters the other day and decided to get in touch with Matador about plans to do any vinyl reissues.  Here's the information I got from them.

I believe there are some plans to do a box set, possibly stand alone LPs, but I think it may be a way off still.

It's not much, but it's better than a flat out 'no'.  I hope this becomes a reality, those RHP LPs are far too expensive for me on the second hand market.

I was listening to Red House Painters the other day and decided to get in touch with Matador about plans to do any vinyl reissues.  Here's the information I got from them.

It's not much, but it's better than a flat out 'no'.  I hope this becomes a reality, those RHP LPs are far too expensive for me on the second hand market.

That would be awesome! I mentioned this last year in the "box sets" thread:

Red House Painters. Mostly because I cannot afford any of the original pressings.

Damn, a box set of 4AD RHP would be AMAZING if they did it right. There's not a bad album in the bunch... and while the only one I seriously hunt is Ocean Beach, I'd buy them all if the price were reasonable. (Which it could/should be... 3 LPs and 2 EPs? $100?)

Down Colorful Hill... RHP 1 & 2... Shock Me EP... and Ocean Beach. That's it, right? A few alternate versions from the greatest hits album that they COULD add if they were feeling generous. Songs For A Blue Guitar was Island, and that's been pressed. (Albeit a crappy press from Plain.) And Old Ramon was Sub Pop... who SHOULD do the right thing and reissue that one too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest deleted

Heard this on another message board. Caldo Verde also said that as well as Benji on vinyl, that there "will be other surprises"!

Probably Desertshore "Drawing Of Threes" on black is one of the surprises? Hoping for something else too since I already have the orange and purple versions of that Desertshore album. They're a great band and if people weren't aware, Kozelek is all over that album.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone heard updates on this RHP vinyl box? I'd love to see some reissues of the Sun Kil Moon stuff too, not holding my breath though. As much as I'd prefer Ghosts of the Great Highway on wax instead of FLAC I'm not about to spend $399 on an original pressing. I'd be afraid to listen to it.

By the way, I came across copies of Panda Bear's Person Pitch LP at of all places Urban Outfitters. This was a great find as I've been looking for a copy for a while and Amazon's vinyl marketplace has them listed at $200+ for a used copy. Vinyl prices are getting ridiculous!