Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

i had a hard time coming up with music-related things. i'm just doing a fun assortment. i don't think its really the cost that matters, moreso the thought. i'd be surprised if anyone on here expressed disappointment if its evident that someone put a lot of thought/effort into what they got.

i had a hard time coming up with music-related things. i'm just doing a fun assortment. i don't think its really the cost that matters, moreso the thought. i'd be surprised if anyone on here expressed disappointment if its evident that someone put a lot of thought/effort into what they got.

Question.  If you're broke, is it cool to send the person like 3 records that are relevant to their interests, in great condition, that you already own, and then a couple small things, to avoid spending a lot?  I want to hook my SS up with awesome stuff, but most of it is stuff I already own, but are records that have definitely gained value.  I'm trying to not cheap out, but I'm broke, ya know?

Oh hell yeah dude. I'm giving my SS one of mine. Honestly I think it's kinda cool that way. That you're willing to give up part of your collection (whether it's a big deal to you or not) to them rather than just buying something sealed and sending it off to them, not that that's bad since I'm going both routes.

I actually have a question, I haven't mailed anything out other than/since I grabbed those pink Chariot 7"s for a few people on here so I'm kinda new to sending records out myself. Do people prefer the method of sending the record outside the jacket or are you guys indifferent? Especially if it's totally new and sealed although unless it's some insanely rare white whale for someone I can't imagine someone flipping out over opening it to send the record outside the jacket. I'm cool with doing it either way, I'm just not sure what's actually better or preferred since I don't mail stuff often.

Dear SS,

My name is Sean and I live in Colorado. I was born and raised here and will always live here. I love it.

My trade list is in my signature and it is up to date. I have been getting into Native and Sainthood Reps a lot lately. I don't have any records from them (hints if you're in a bind). I do appreciate new music that I have never heard before. I have never heard Touche Amore and B&C. If you think I would like something, that would be great. 

I love home brewing and beer in general. If there is a special beer around your area, or if you have a favorite local beer, I am always trying new beers.

I also have a baby girl. She was born 9/14, so any cool onesies from breweries or from your town would be cool. She could grow into a size 3-6mo or at least a 3 mo.

My shirt size is Large.

I am not picky, and will love whatever I am sent. Thank you.  

I have a question about sending anything other than music(media) in the same package for this Secret Santa. Supposedly, there has been a crackdown on Media Mail and the postal workers are checking media packages more frequently. So my question is, if we send things extra other than media, such as candy, photos, cards etc. is there a possibility of getting your package rejected? 

Edit: Well I guess there is Priority - duh me. 

I usually just open it because I have no restraint. Having a package of awesomeness sitting around for a month is torture.

i don't either. my wife and i usually exchange gifts before xmas haha. 

gonna try to just stick it in the spare bedroom closet and forget about it. probably won't work though.