Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

nah, no worries, but the PM i sent was noted as a 8th deadline. 15th was for past people who've done it. 

just be reminded it's xmas. packages take a little longer to get to their destination. the longer you wait to send, the longer it'll take.

also, everyone is held to the same deadlines and standards that they signed up for. if i am too laxed people send out late.. trust me, i've been doing this thing 5 years.. it happens. 

nah, no worries, but the PM i sent was noted as a 8th deadline. 15th was for past people who've done it.

just be reminded it's xmas. packages take a little longer to get to their destination. the longer you wait to send, the longer it'll take.

also, everyone is held to the same deadlines and standards that they signed up for. if i am too laxed people send out late.. trust me, i've been doing this thing 5 years.. it happens.

understandable. It's my mistake.

Big Seth and museummouth really need to step up your game. I have yet to get any responses regarding shipment. if i don't hear from any of you by wed, i'm marking you off the list and you're on your own, and i'll find ample substitutes to take your place....

Moosen get a hold of me asap regarding late shipment.

Everyone else that's suppose to send on the 15th. if you're gonna send late, please let me know via PM.

Pm'd!

open it!

Your enthusiasm tipped the scale for me. I opened it. 

First off, great packaging! Everything arrived in a soundstagedirect-style LP mailer. Inside of that was a package wrapped with cats and dogs wrapping paper (I spotted a beagle in there, well done). I got a real good chuckle from that. Honestly, the wrapping paper alone was enough, haha. Inside of that was a pretty sweet sticker from their hometown, a mix CD, the Miracle of 86 - Every Famous Last Word LP, The Bright Eyes Christmas LP and a note with 3 clues as to who it could be.

The clues are:

1. Sticker is from hometown (Flagstaff, AZ)

2. They love beer, ride fixed & mountain bikes

3. The Buffalo Bills are their football team.

That'd have to make my SS jdtg! Thanks man! Ya done good!

I GOT IT:
r7mFJ9th.jpg

Full Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/wYJtJ
Contents:
The Saddest Landscape - After The Lights
Anberlin - Blueprints For The Black Market
Summer Wars
Mix CD

MARTYRS

Firefly Chai tea
Organic Love Tea
Organic Rainforest Tea
Jade Flowering Tea
A Handdrawn Princess Mononoke print

I don't even know how to describe my gratitude towards your gift, it's extremely thoughtful and well made, it's more than I could have asked for. I adore the fact that you took your time and effect to draw me that fantastic Mononoke piece. The thoughtfulness of your film choice (I love Summer Wars, it's one of my favorite non-Ghibli anime films), and I dig how you got me vinyl that I didn't ask for was extremely groovy, because as much as I love Anberlin I've never listened to blueprints, and this band The Sadest Landscape sounds like a great choice. The loose leaf tea was a great touch, along with the handwritten note. I am much more than grateful for your gift.

Clues:

From Orlando
Worked at a vegan bakery
Just got a new job
Makes Art

Guess:

edgedestroys

I GOT IT:

r7mFJ9th.jpg

Contents:

Summer Wars

Mix CD

MARTYRS

Firefly Chai tea

Organic Love Tea

Organic Rainforest Tea

Jade Flowering Tea

I don't even know how to describe my gratitude towards your gift, it's extremely thoughtful and well made, it's more than I could have asked for. I adore the fact that you took your time and effect to draw me that fantastic Mononoke piece. The thoughtfulness of your film choice (I love Summer Wars, it's one of my favorite non-Ghibli anime films), and I dig how you got me vinyl that I didn't ask for was extremely groovy, because as much as I love Anberlin I've never listened to blueprints, and this band The Sadest Landscape sounds like a great choice. The loose leaf tea was a great touch, along with the handwritten note. I am much more than grateful for your gift.

Clues:

From Orlando

Worked at a vegan bakery

Just got a new job

Makes Art

Guess:

edgedestroys

Wow how cool

I GOT IT:

r7mFJ9th.jpg

Contents:

Summer Wars

Mix CD

MARTYRS

Firefly Chai tea

Organic Love Tea

Organic Rainforest Tea

Jade Flowering Tea

Clues:

From Orlando

Worked at a vegan bakery

Just got a new job

Makes Art

Guess:

edgedestroys

Oh wow dang I didn't expect it to arrive so fast haha. Ashitaka came out looking goofy as heck in that drawing but I don't draw people very often sooooo yeah. I had a feeling you'd have already seen Summer Wars but figured I'd throw it in anyway just in case. Glad you dig it dude!

I just realized that in my initial PM, Mike said that since this is my first time I have to send before the 8th. This is my 4th time doing this, so I just figured I had to send by the 15th. Sorry for any confusion, Mike!

yeah, i must have copied the wrong info.. my bad. nice to know you figured you could wait till the 15th to send. i have you on the 2nd list to send on the 15th. so no worries.

Here's the pictures I promised.

I got the package from my Secret Santa yesterday. It was marked "open immediately" which I have no problem with. I don't think I could have waited until Christmas! I opened it up, and I'm stoked to find a test press from Sebadoh!

KNq4b8i.jpg

...Along with a note...

jQyf80F.jpg

So I ran downstairs to put it on the turntable. It was neat to hear all the little differences on this test press that aren't on my regular pressing. There's a little bit more synth and drum machine and the vocals sound way different. Some of the songs are almost unrecognizable. 

I'm super glad to have such a great Secret Santa! I'm never gonna give this test pressing up. It's never gonna let me down. 

SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED.

tumblr_lzi7aazFZQ1qf7fako1_400.gif

Your real Secret Santa gift is scheduled to be delivered on Friday so don't fret.  While there is nothing as awesome as the "Sebadoh Test Press", don't worry because

I'm never gonna give you up

I'm never gonna let you down

I'm never gonna run around and desert you

I'm never gonna make you cry

I'm never gonna say goodbye

I'm never gonna tell a lie and hurt you