Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

I think I'm almost done. Just need to pick up one more thing! This was a LOT more challenging than I anticipated. I really hope he likes everything...

I have a few things for  my person but having trouble finishing it off. ugh.

i've mostly spent the past couple weeks broke and heavily researching haha. i'm very excited that today is finally the glorious mid-month payday so i can finally start buying stuff. definitely more challenging than i expected, but fingers crossed that they're happy with what they get :)

My problem is I just haven't been able to track down the piece that kind of pulls everything together.  I've got a handful of smalls just have had some stuff falll through and some shit luck while trying to get the main piece. 

Ah well back to the drawing board.  I've still got about 3 weeks so plenty of time.

Question.  If you're broke, is it cool to send the person like 3 records that are relevant to their interests, in great condition, that you already own, and then a couple small things, to avoid spending a lot?  I want to hook my SS up with awesome stuff, but most of it is stuff I already own, but are records that have definitely gained value.  I'm trying to not cheap out, but I'm broke, ya know?

Question.  If you're broke, is it cool to send the person like 3 records that are relevant to their interests, in great condition, that you already own, and then a couple small things, to avoid spending a lot?  I want to hook my SS up with awesome stuff, but most of it is stuff I already own, but are records that have definitely gained value.  I'm trying to not cheap out, but I'm broke, ya know?

IMO, yes.

Personally it wouldn't bother me to get used records.  Some stuff just can't be purchased brand new.

i don't see anything wrong with that

Totally cool man, no one here should be a snob about used records.

I'm just making sure as I'm not very familiar with the music they enjoy expect for a couple of bands (which I'm getting them) and I feel bad for just getting them 2 $20 records so I'm going to grab them some more

why would anyone feel bad for buying someone 2 LP's......?

why would anyone feel bad for buying someone 2 LP's......?

Because everybody else is like "just track down awesome rare LP" "Ninth record! 1 more to go!" and I don't know I just don't want my person to feel left out. I don't know I'm worrying too much, becuase I had less money than I thought I would have

I think Eric means well with these questions. I see what he's saying. With that said, do whatever you can/want for your recipient. Think of it like this... Would you be happy if what you're sending (not the same exact music, you know what I'm saying) showed up at your door? If so, you're doing it right.