The Gofundme thread. Aka My setup got stolen :(

tas4

Initially I was going to just let this pass without commenting, however, I  can't leave this go without commenting.

First I feel bad that you lost some of your stuff.  It sucks for you.  For perspective though you had someone come in and take a few extreme luxury items.  You and your lady friend are fine.  As a whole your home is still in livable condition.  You lost items that yes you worked hard to get, but they are purely luxury items.  You still have food.  You still have shelter.  (although you may want to invest more in security)  From the sounds of it you still have a way to earn money.

Perhaps it's time to go hit up a few thrift stores and track down a TV and turntable that can tide you over till you can save up money and get fancy new ones.

By coming on here and asking for money it's just big fucking joke.  You lost luxury items, not day to day essentials.  No one on here is going to buy you a new turntable.  Not because we aren't good, kind and generous people but because we aren't going to fund someone else's luxury purchases.

With that said I'll head over to Redcross.com and will donate $20 because that is a charitable cause worth supporting.

Any mod can go ahead and close this. I won't bother responding. Swing and a miss!

I will pm anyone who wanted to see a police report for validity on all of this.

I also used to post on a different forum (related to music) and when I had a similar situation to this (band space got broken into, everyones things stolen) I had the complete opposite reactions. Everyone was very sympathetic, and while i didnt ask for any help funding something, a user who I had never interacted with in my life sent me a new bass.

So maybe I was too open minded, thinking 5 dollars here and there wouldn't be the biggest concern. 

I thank everyone for the opinions and the time put into replying. I am definitely looking into insurance now. And looking forward to a good life with my family!

The situations appear drastically different.  A band losing all there stuff results in people losing their jobs, their livelyhoods.  You lost luxury items.

You know, they say that most robberies are done by people you know. I would bet that if someone took a turntable setup it'd be even easier to figure out who took it. Most people would walk by that stuff and think it'd be worth like $20 at a pawn shop. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but if this is legit then you should probably have some kind of lead into who did it.

my house got broken into by a druggie once. they took two digital cameras, a bowl, and a nintendo wii with xbox controllers. unplugged stuff from the tv, but didn't even come close to the turntable or my records.

probably because they dont listen to the music they buy

my house got broken into by a druggie once. they took two digital cameras, a bowl, and a nintendo wii with xbox controllers. unplugged stuff from the tv, but didn't even come close to the turntable or my records.

yeah, when my place was broken into they ended up taking a bunch of useless electronics.  they pulled one of my screen print poster boxes out from under my bed.  i don't know what it's worth these days but there was a White Stripes Japan tour poster sitting right on top, at the time i was worth about 200 bucks.