Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

For those who are interested in Canopy by Silent Whale Becomes A Dream, it is up now. I have an email into the distro owner re: shipping for group buy.

It's 20 Euro, and the exchange rate has improved so it's $25.50 or so and ship for one is 5 Euros. When I put 2 in, shipping went to 0 (free?), then up to 6 LPs and then it was 6 Euro's.

So if you're interested in a price quote, post here or PM me with Canopy in the title and I will let you know. Told him I'd wait a few days. He had said they will go fast and I need to ask how many were pressed again.

I'll be spearheading this for any who are interested. I remember 3 who expressed interest, and I'm sure final price will factor in, but I'm thinking this one might break below $30 for a change :)

For those who are interested in Canopy by Silent Whale Becomes A Dream, it is up now. I have an email into the distro owner re: shipping for group buy.

It's 20 Euro, and the exchange rate has improved so it's $25.50 or so and ship for one is 5 Euros. When I put 2 in, shipping went to 0 (free?), then up to 6 LPs and then it was 6 Euro's.

So if you're interested in a price quote, post here or PM me with Canopy in the title and I will let you know. Told him I'd wait a few days. He had said they will go fast and I need to ask how many were pressed again.

I'll be spearheading this for any who are interested. I remember 3 who expressed interest, and I'm sure final price will factor in, but I'm thinking this one might break below $30 for a change :)

If it's under $30 I'm in for sure.

If it's under $30 I'm in for sure.

Still no info back from Arbouse yet re: shipping quotes. I have just 1 PM so far from an interested member.

I remember 'deafening' liked Canopy and thought she expressed interest in vinyl - I had sent her PM a while back but no response.

MFS is selling these as well for 20 Euro, so I'll run numbers through shipping to see what their charge is, but my lone interaction with them was less than stellar.

If after a few more days I don't hear from you I may just order a spare in addition to the committed group.

RIYL: Mono for those who haven't checked them out yet.

Pre order for that Pray for Sound album is up on science of silence. Grab a test before they're all gone!!! $24.99 isn't a bad price tag either.

http://scienceofsilence.limitedrun.com/products/533197-pre-order-pray-for-sound-dreamer-lp#

Edit: Price tag is for the test. A regular copy is only $13.99 which is even better. I feel like I'm stealing with that price tag. Rare to see these days.

Don - Any news on Silent Whale yet?

Justin - I snagged a purple & a test for Pray For Sound. Those tests went quick! I wanted a maroon too but I already over did it with the two I bought. If they stay a while maybe I'll grab one down the road. Have you listened to their first album, Monophonic? I wouldn't mind a pressing of that one too.

Matt - I hear ya on this ITTCT wait. Got tracking Sept 23, it didn't actually get to the post office until the 26th, & it just hit PA today from Georgia! Over a week from Georgia to Ohio? Boooooo.

The Evpatoria Report showed up on FB as some of the brothers and sisters here know, asking about interest in vinyl pressings?

Let them hear you if you're interested, plz :)

https://www.facebook.com/theevpatoriareport?fref=nf

Don't know but I wonder if the Forbenator somehow made contact?  You know, Evpatoria and all thinges ET :ph34r:

We still need this to happen.

Don - Any news on Silent Whale yet?

Re: Silent Whale, nothing from the distro owner and only 3 committed buyers. But at checkout it's only 6 Euro shipping vs 5 Euro for 1 - and I didn't want to go through the checkout and have funds tied up for the guy (who originally was very quick on the communication) to say, "shipping is really xXXEuros" through the roof.

Owen found MFS was selling them also for 20 Euro, but shipping is outrageous until you hit around 6 albums ordered and then it's about $8 each - THEN, getting them out to everyone so they are about $35 each that route.

So that's where Silent Whale is.  Looks like they are not flying out, not really advertised, so we have time. And with Jakob next Thursday I'm definitely going to need to work OT / moonlight for vinyl budget :(   If they really are 25 euro individually shipped, for those 4 tracks, on a 2xLP, and the exchange rate back down to where it was 2 years ago (sorry European friends) $31ppd from France is not bad at all. Especially considering some of the other single LP's I 've gotten this year for Euroland, AND the AUS variants. oy.

Will post when I get some definitive info.

Re: the ebaY flipper, looks like they took down the listing. Report to Joel and Lindsay. They are as easy going as any folks I've run across, but when some dude was flipping the Pelican box set 2 months before it was in hand :angry: , I think he got blacklisted from any future Sheath pre- orders.

Sounds good, Don.  I really do want that album, but I agree, gotta plan for Jakob next week.  We all know we have to hop on Sheath variants asap or miss out.  And I'm already a bit tapped out after Pray For Sound.  So yeah, just keep us posted with info and hopefully we can work something out some day.

Glad the ebay listing got taken down.  Anyone that would be willing to fork out big bucks for that thing most likely got one during the PO.  It's not like it snuck up on all of us like a Glassjaw 7".  Now if that got posted 2 years from now, a much different story.

I forgot I got the bundle with the shirt, too.  So I'll have some new gear hopefully today as well!

Need a solid post-metal/post-rock album to hold you over until the new Jakob and Sister Of... albums?

Omik knows the way to my heart. (I believe Damascus are in the process of recording a new release as well.) Will have to check out that new Pet Slimmers – I haven't really followed them too closely despite enjoying earlier material.

Need a solid post-metal/post-rock album to hold you over until the new Jakob and Sister Of... albums?

28tke2t.jpg

Pet Slimmers of the Year - Fragments of Uniforms

Great, great stuff.

I know Don will be happy to see that post. I'll have to finally give it a listen!

Omik knows the way to my heart. (I believe Damascus are in the process of recording a new release as well.) Will have to check out that new Pet Slimmers – I haven't really followed them too closely despite enjoying earlier material.

I'm so interested. Can't wait to listen.

I couldn't hold out anymore and bought it off their Big Cartel site (18 GBP) vs 20 at the BSM shoppe and shipping was less, too.

Can't wait to get a listen on wax!! Will be in my personal top 10 for this year. I went there for the $10 shirt / free shipping anywhere thing, and chucked that - finally caved for the 2xLP.  

Talons Black 180gm from Topshelf already here - can't wait to spin that tomorrow (today) / fell asleep on the couch again :/

Gave it a listen and was thoroughly impressed. There's some straight-up Isis channeling on there and I love it. Do you know if there's a black press, or if the red /500 is the only variant available? Asking because I've found it a bit cheaper on other sites but there's no mention of the colorway.

[edit]

For an extra $3 or $4, I'll just order it directly from the band and eliminate all guesswork.  Seems like it'd be the right thing to do as far as supporting them with my money, too.

• jhulud locked this topic