Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

oh man, this Daturah thing sounds very promising.  Just got mostly past the intro, and now into the steady drum beat.   

But man, really, I wish I could find the PG.Lost albums on vinyl.  I don't get why they don't repress those.  They would sell out instantly.  

It's annoying that in order to experience something on vinyl, you have to shell out $100.  

oh man, this Daturah thing sounds very promising. Just got mostly past the intro, and now into the steady drum beat.

But man, really, I wish I could find the PG.Lost albums on vinyl. I don't get why they don't repress those. They would sell out instantly.

It's annoying that in order to experience something on vinyl, you have to shell out $100.

I still need to find a copy of In Never Out. They are also recording a new LP right now.

Owen's rec I liked a bit better, perfect description and glad you said about the first 2 tracks, because it really gets after those 2. I don't think I would have persevered otherwise!

Good to hear!

oh man, this Daturah thing sounds very promising.  Just got mostly past the intro, and now into the steady drum beat.   

My favorite of theirs is probably "Deep B Flat," but their whole discog is virtually flawless.

Good to hear!

My favorite of theirs is probably "Deep B Flat," but their whole discog is virtually flawless.

....all 8 songs? :P

Throwing Reverie on now. Oh yes. This hits the fucking spot.

Edit (further in): Holy fucking good god, this music.

They actually sound a lot like If These Trees Could Talk, which is amazing.

The Euro exchange rate *right now* is the most favorable for US buying from Europe in my whole time collecting.  It was 1.07 this weekend, and I remember 1.60.  Almost parity. And the poor Cando and AUD as well, I guess that is why I've bought so much this year, with 2xLPs and shipping being the same price as US releases.  The Rosetta release was actually less from Golden Antenna than War Crimes!

Hey guys, also: I have a copy of Joy Wants Eternity - The Fog Is Rising that I'm looking to part with, as it never came with the CD. It's yours for $15 shipped (unless someone pulls the trigger on Discogs). It's in pretty good shape. The dude I bought it from didn't have the CD, and I'm going to get a copy from Denovali and don't need 2.

The music is fucking awesome, if you like post-rock at all.

Nah its the black. Too late, though. Someone just snagged it on Discogs. That was super fast haha. I wonder if I could have asked for more money for it...

Oh well, at least now I can justify pulling the trigger on it from Denovali.

Getting the JWE, Daturah record, and Mabyeshewill's "I Was Here For A Moment... Then I was Gone." It will be a glorious day when this arrives.

Emory Liu (JWE's drummer) is sitting on ton of those Fog Is Rising in Black in his Etsy store haha. They were talking about doing some recording for a soundtrack in the fall of 2014, but I haven't heard anything. I need to message him and see whatever became of that.

For Mr. Evan West, did you see Terraformer's FB announcement that they are doing  a split with Watered for 2016?? Say what, homie?!!

https://www.facebook.com/we.are.terraformer/?fref=ts

Emory Liu (JWE's drummer) is sitting on ton of those Fog Is Rising in Black in his Etsy store haha. They were talking about doing some recording for a soundtrack in the fall of 2014, but I haven't heard anything. I need to message him and see whatever became of that.

For Mr. Evan West, did you see Terraformer's FB announcement that they are doing  a split with Watered for 2016?? Say what, homie?!!

I tried messaging them on their Etsy store a while back but heard nothing. No worries, I got it coming from Denovali for a great price.

I just wish I knew how long until the Daturah records will be ready.

For Mr. Evan West, did you see Terraformer's FB announcement that they are doing a split with Watered for 2016?? Say what, homie?!!

Niiiice! I did not see that. Good looking out! I'll be all over that for sure. Wouldn't mind Aentetainment or however it's spelled handling vinyl again. $20 shipped from Germany?!?! Ridiculous price.

I still need Watered's first to see a vinyl pressing.

In looking at that Facebook post I also noticed Terraformer has a full new album in the works as well. I'm not always in the mood for them (can get a tad monotonous), but they do hit the spot once in a while. That closer on Creatures is a crusher.

Niiiice! I did not see that. Good looking out! I'll be all over that for sure. Wouldn't mind Aentetainment or however it's spelled handling vinyl again. $20 shipped from Germany?!?! Ridiculous price.   -- Agreed, even with a seam split, the album is great!

I still need Watered's first to see a vinyl pressing. -- Agreed again!!!

In looking at that Facebook post I also noticed Terraformer has a full new album in the works as well. I'm not always in the mood for them (can get a tad monotonous), but they do hit the spot once in a while. That closer on Creatures is a crusher.  --- yes, it will be interesting to see where they go. I still spin both of theirs, and agreed a 3rd time re:  ALECTA! :)

All this post-metal talk got me listening to the incredible Pet Slimmers album (thank you again, Don!) and so I looked them up and saw they posted Fragments up on bandcamp as a "name your price" download.  Not sure if that has always been the case, but for the love of God, everyone should listen to this album if you haven't yet.

http://psoty.bandcamp.com/

Get on it, Gumbo.  I expect no less than 3 f-bombs and 25 !!!!!!!!!!!! in your reaction post!  haha ;)

All this post-metal talk got me listening to the incredible Pet Slimmers album (thank you again, Don!) and so I looked them up and saw they posted Fragments up on bandcamp as a "name your price" download. Not sure if that has always been the case, but for the love of God, everyone should listen to this album if you haven't yet.

Get on it, Gumbo. I expect no less than 3 f-bombs and 25 !!!!!!!!!!!! in your reaction post! haha ;)

I love gumbo. In a bowl. With rice.

All this post-metal talk got me listening to the incredible Pet Slimmers album (thank you again, Don!) and so I looked them up and saw they posted Fragments up on bandcamp as a "name your price" download.  Not sure if that has always been the case, but for the love of God, everyone should listen to this album if you haven't yet.

Get on it, Gumbo.  I expect no less than 3 f-bombs and 25 !!!!!!!!!!!! in your reaction post!  haha ;)

I appreciate you guys giving me a heads up on this album several months ago.  I was able to score a test press for around $40. I didn't mean to come here just to brag.  I really am grateful.  

I like this thread better; you guys are more tolerant of my freakouts, haha.

Great album. Basically Isis with a bit cleaner vocals, in my opinion, which was more than enough to sell me on a copy back in the day. I still revisit it pretty regularly.

Dude, don't even fucking JOKE about that.

Throwing on "Arterias" right now. This is very good. It makes me think of In The Absence of Truth/Panopticon a little bit. Me likey.

Surely, I'll have a hyperbolized reaction later one once I'm deeper in.

Throwing on "Arterias" right now. This is very good. It makes me think of In The Absence of Truth/Panopticon a little bit. Me likey.

I know you're a big fan of Isis (to say the least), so I'm glad to hear you can kind of see where I'm coming from.  I don't expect it to floor you as much as any of Isis' classics, but I feel like there's enough similarity (without mimicking the band, unoriginally) that you'll be a fan.  Eager to hear your impression on the whole album.

Pet Slimmers is definitely in a particular niche in the post-metal world. They managed to take some cues from other genre giants and throw in some of their own flavor. Not for daily listening (at least not for me) but it's a solid album through and through and it definitely hits you when you're in the right mood.

Also, did you ever check out A Swarm of the Sun? I feel like this track in particular has Gumbo written all over it...

So this Pet Slimmers of the Year stuff is like SUPER Isis, with a different vocalist.

I'm closing my eyes, and holy fuck, this is Isis. At least through the first track. I've been waiting for music like this, but it's soooo weird NOT hearing Aaron's voice over these grooves.

The music doesn't seem to develop quite as rapidly as Isis tunes, which is interesting (despite some Isis tunes taking a long time to build).

Can't wait to check out the rest of this album.

PSOTY have 2 albums before Fragments for name your price. More metal than rock. Would LOVE to those performed live.

I appreciate you guys giving me a heads up on this album several months ago.  I was able to score a test press for around $40. I didn't mean to come here just to brag.  I really am grateful.  

You're welcome. How did you manage that? Congrats and thanks for sharing - and you didn't come off like bragging at all.

• jhulud locked this topic