Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I got dibs on non-deluxe ITTCT tests though! My "poor" ass couldn't afford the $300+ price tag on that last Above the Earth ebay test. And then it showed up on my IG feed just to really kick me in the nuts. Can't remember if that dude is on VC.

You've got all the dibs on tests, my friend.  Only after everything else for now haha.

Wow I have seriously been slacking on my post rock these past few months. Life is very crazy with kids so I have a good excuse at least. I've slowed WAY WAY down on vinyl purchases and need to get caught up on a few things. Hopefully it will be a little bit longer until those Jakob reissues happen. Can't wait to get the new Caspian album in. The songs that have been released so far are serious bangers.

Also I got off instagram for awhile. What have I been missing other than Don posting his sweet test press collection and Matt posting Caspian and Foo Fighter records??

Thanks for the name drop on those ITTCT albums too. I'll have to dig through and see what I still have left.

Miss all my post rock buds.

Wow I have seriously been slacking on my post rock these past few months. Life is very crazy with kids so I have a good excuse at least. I've slowed WAY WAY down on vinyl purchases and need to get caught up on a few things. Hopefully it will be a little bit longer until those Jakob reissues happen. Can't wait to get the new Caspian album in. The songs that have been released so far are serious bangers.

Also I got off instagram for awhile. What have I been missing other than Don posting his sweet test press collection and Matt posting Caspian and Foo Fighter records??

Thanks for the name drop on those ITTCT albums too. I'll have to dig through and see what I still have left.

Are you saying family & real life is more important than the intrawebz?? Good man. Glad all is well. Those Caspian jams have me more hyped for this album than anything in a long while. Should be some new ITTCT soon also. Praying for no more than 3 colors haha.

And speaking of ITTCT, they are allegedly still sitting on a band press of the last Red Forest repress. Wonder when that'll see the light of day.

I didn't think you'd budge on it.  I really did pick the worst band to variant collect, and I'm just starting.  So I have close to nothing. It'll be a fun process though. 

Maybe Don will come through on some things (wishful thinking of course).

And yeah, put me down for taking whatever of theirs you are trying to unload. Like I said, I have close to nothing so thats certainly one that I need!

I fell in love with ITTCT and alot of the variants were still cheap and readily available -- except for the 1st press Above the Earth Ice Blue and Tour.  It took me a ton of duplicates and trades to get Red Forest jackets that weren't sliced up and split from SoS sealing them.

The arch nemesis for me (not counting TPs I only have AteBtS) was that /150 S/T Orange Clear dude!!

I've bought some duplicates from good folks here for my daughter and oldest son for Christmas and birthday presents - (Justin and Zach, gracias amigos!) since they are huge fans and have fledgling collections going.

It will be a fun chase, and i still have them on search so if I see any good ones, I will either message you or snag it if it's a superdeal.

I stopped variant collecting them when they changed labels so I didn't get a single one of the 3rd press Red Forest.

BUT.... i was the dweeb who bought their S/T CD from J&L on the Thursday Night Special a few weeks ago for the atrocious $19.99.

It's the music that trumps all in the end.  

Can't wait to hear their next one!

Good luck, mang :) 

I got dibs on non-deluxe ITTCT tests though! My "poor" ass couldn't afford the $300+ price tag on that last Above the Earth ebay test. And then it showed up on my IG feed just to really kick me in the nuts. Can't remember if that dude is on VC.

Yes, it's Adam Howell on Instagram - super nice guy and welcome addition to the postrock community. I can't remember his username here.

Hahahaha not too much honestly. I'm seeing Foo Fighters tomorrow and Monday though. So I'll sure to post photos.

this is gonna sting

1380452_10153343908210472_1365159859_n_z

1377267_10153343908215472_676329710_n_zp

I have one of the 25 lined up to come to me in the event of the owner's death...

If it wasn't a tp not owning this would bother me every day. Ever since I missed out on this I vowed to have a couple hundred set aside in case something like this pops up again. Cause the only reason I didn't buy it was I was broke living in NYC. Stupid NYC, ruins everything.

Atrocious? Caspian? I highly fucking doubt that, ace.

Yeah, very muddy. I was about.... 20ish feet back, stage right. The high end was just a mess of piercing distortion, and the drums and bass weren't very loud at all.

This was at The Met in Providence. Was quite disappointed. Went in expecting to have a religious experience, left with painful ears.

Can't wait for Montreal/Boston though.

Good Lord I need Live At The Larcom on vinyl right now. The group drums at the end of Sycamore is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. This band can seriously do no wrong.

Oh man I was so jacked when I watched that for the first time. My favorite had to be Asa & Ghosts back to back. My God that was powerful.

I fell in love with ITTCT and alot of the variants were still cheap and readily available -- except for the 1st press Above the Earth Ice Blue and Tour.  It took me a ton of duplicates and trades to get Red Forest jackets that weren't sliced up and split from SoS sealing them.

The arch nemesis for me (not counting TPs I only have AteBtS) was that /150 S/T Orange Clear dude!!

I've bought some duplicates from good folks here for my daughter and oldest son for Christmas and birthday presents - (Justin and Zach, gracias amigos!) since they are huge fans and have fledgling collections going.

It will be a fun chase, and i still have them on search so if I see any good ones, I will either message you or snag it if it's a superdeal.

I stopped variant collecting them when they changed labels so I didn't get a single one of the 3rd press Red Forest.

BUT.... i was the dweeb who bought their S/T CD from J&L on the Thursday Night Special a few weeks ago for the atrocious $19.99.

It's the music that trumps all in the end.  

Can't wait to hear their next one!

Good luck, mang :)

Do you have any thoughts on which presses sound the best for the S/T album and AtE/BtS?

Those are the 2 main post-rock albums left that I haven't yet acquired. I've been debating picking up the dual release, but the cover artwork for AtE/BtS is so sick that I want to have that.

• jhulud locked this topic