Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Just got a bunch of stuff in the mail...

From Denovali:

Daturah - S/T

Maybeshewill - I Was Here For A Moment, Then I was Gone

Joy Wants Eternity - The Fog Is Rising

from The Butcha - ITTCT S/T + ATE/BTS!!!

For those of you who have bought the Joy Wants Eternity record, did yours come with a CD?  This is the 2nd time I've bought the album and it didn't come with the CD that Discogs/elsewhere says it should be packaged with.  Kinda bummed about that, I really wanted to play this in my car too.

The Daturah record sounds amazing though, that music is absolutely tremendous.  I haven't gotten a chance to dig into the other albums yet.  

Also on the purchase horizon:  PG.Lost - It's Not Me, It's You finally!!!

AND Monotreme Records was cool enough to refund me completely for my copy of Sleepmakeswaves - In Today Already Walks Tomorrow.  My copy came with a ton of scratches and these big abrasion splotches, and it turns out the rest of their stock suffered the same fate from the pressing plant.  So they're going to press that again at some point.  

Denovali loves tape. So much brown tape.

I thought I was going to stab myself trying to get to Daturah.

Did yours come with seamsplits on the inner sleeves? Mine did. Should've asked him to open any shrinkwrap. D'oh.

I haven't checked my Sleepmakeswaves yet but I'm hoping mine hasn't suffered the same fate. It just came in a couple weeks ago.

It should be readily apparent when you pull it out... was really bummed, because I love that album.

Surprised the band Sleeping in Gethsemane hasn't been mentioned in here. Hard rock post rock, killer stuff. Came out on Truelove (GiAA). Been re-visiting this a bit lately.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_pmpO7ae94

Wait for about :35 then drop jaw

Really nice band...I've ordered "Burrows" before it was released without hearing any note before.

I still think that the part starting at 2:12 of Temperance is one of my favorite post-rock parts ever written...

Really nice band...I've ordered "Burrows" before it was released without hearing any note before.I still think that the part starting at 2:12 of Temperance is one of my favorite post-rock parts ever written...

heck yes, their guitar player is supremely talented. Great album all around, kinda stands on its own compared to a lot of other bands out there

Just buy a digital copy or download it. Who uses CDs these days? Haha.

I like collecting them, too.  I like to have official releases in both formats, if possible.  I donno, I just like seeing the artwork on the disc too.  its another piece of the band to me.  

They'll probably send you a download code since they offer all their albums for download.

Although having the CD is nicer...

Just heard back; Denovali said that only the limited edition variants came with CDs.  Argh.  

I googled it, and it looks maybe like only editions sold within the USA came with the CD (per TMS forums).  grrrrrrrrr

But I'm currently listening to "Dim" by Cult of Luna very loudly at work, so it's kind of hard to be bummed about anything right now.  :D :D :D :D

• jhulud locked this topic