Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

EITS get a lot of flack and eye-rolls for being the template for all the yawn-inducing crescendocore out there, but I can't deny my love for Earth Is Not. And All of a Sudden. And Those Who Tell the Truth. There are other releases in their discography worth exploring, but those three albums have stood the test of time for me.

Funny, because I kind of think of them as way more avant garde than "normal" post-rock bands of today, like Mono, Giants, Pg.Lost, I/O.

Post-rock today seems to have gotten more rock-based, whereas EITS are much more pastoral... their compositions are weirder and "artier" if that makes any sense. At least to me, they are.

EITS get a lot of flack and eye-rolls for being the template for all the yawn-inducing crescendocore out there, but I can't deny my love for Earth Is Not. And All of a Sudden. And Those Who Tell the Truth. There are other releases in their discography worth exploring, but those three albums have stood the test of time for me.

I really love the movie score for Prince Avalanche. Such a moving little movie too.

I've honestly never given EITS much of a chance, but only because what I've listened to bored me to death. I'll probably revisit at some point.

I'm very hot and cold with them, too. I listened to The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place last night, and actually really, really enjoyed it.

I have Those Who Tell The Truth on vinyl, because "A Poor Man's Memory" has a sick fucking climax in it. But I think The Earth... is a much better album, overall.

My wife (who usually runs away when I put something on the splatter, esp Sigur Ros) always says "Now why can't you play more music like that" referring to The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place. And then she gets in a frisky mood :)

I only have CDs though, no vinyl of EiTS. I like Take Careas well.

I may be in the minority but I really enjoy Take Care.

Let Me Back In has made it's way towards the top of my EITS jams.

The opener on Take Care is so good. Let Me Back In is also a strong track, but my gripe with that record is that a lot of the middle doesn't leave as much of an impression as those three aforementioned albums. For me, anyway.

I know I commented on it on its own thread, but I figured there'd be some guys on here that would enjoy, as well.

Milanku - De Fragments

Equal parts Lost in Kiev, Le Pre Ou Je Suis Mort, and Jakob. Just picture the same wall of sound from the first half of Jakob's Solace with the occasional harsh vocals. The second half of Des Fragments is particularly noteworthy. I was completely floored, personally. Give it a listen.

Didnt know where to put this band. they will absolutely smash your face in.

Fronted by female vocals ( i couldnt even tell) it has post-rock moments that are wonderful.

gets post-everything (hardcore, not quite black metal) at moments, so those of you not liking the screamers, ez pass for you.

Allochiria

Name your price.

Fronted by female vocals ( i couldnt even tell) it has post-rock moments that are wonderful.

gets post-everything (hardcore, not quite black metal) at moments, so those of you not liking the screamers, ez pass for you.

Allochiria

Name your price.

That was amazing.

Allochiria

Name your price.

Holy shit, this is perfect stuff. Really well-recorded, too.

The separation between the drums and guitars is fantastic, I love that the cymbals are bright and up front. Really nice tight kick drum too.

They make me think of Pray For Sound's old stuff a bit.

Now I just need to get my hands on Reverie.

One of my favorite postrock albums, used to show up on ebaY regularly and Interpunk even distro'ed them for cheap.

Vertex has that riff in the middle where I air guitar every time haha.  I have owned and traded/ sold at least 3 Black copies and 3 multicolor - and all the Black copies have pops in them somewhere, but not the same track. Only played one multicolor and it was clean. Just too purdy!

My working copy has major seam splits in the jacket, but it's got this unique gold Sharpie numbering by Ryan Graveface #32/"500" - verified, said he must have been impaired when numbering that one. Thankfully the pops are only in one track.

• jhulud locked this topic