Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK

"Webstore is back online! We have a limited number of band exclusive 3rd pressings of Red Forest (Clear with Red and Black), a handful of unique posters and various other items that we are trying to clear out in order to make room for new inventory. Take a look!"

http://www.ifthesetreescouldtalk.bigcartel.com/

I instantly grabbed a copy of that Red Forest.

Grabbed one too. $38 seems like a lot, but cheaper then the going rate. I snagged some cheap copies of the the s/t, above the earth..., and the combo set yesterday. $18, $18 and $32. Hooked Brian up with the individual ones, and kept the combo for myself.

Damn, I got lucky and found that Red Forest splatter randomly several months ago in the band's home town. Only set me back like $22.

They didn't have any copies of Red Forest at Square Records yesterday, unless someone bought it before I was there. Did grab all the other records though. I was surprised how cheap they were selling them for.

They didn't have any copies of Red Forest at Square Records yesterday, unless someone bought it before I was there. Did grab all the other records though. I was surprised how cheap they were selling them for.

Yeah that's where I found Red Forest. I saw a deluxe there one day as well for under $30 I think. Square Records is the shizz.

Yeah that's where I found Red Forest. I saw a deluxe there one day as well for under $30 I think. Square Records is the shizz.

Yeah, it's awesome. Crazy how much inventory he has compared to when he opened 11 years ago. Great prices, and great people there too.

Edit: Let me know the next time you're down here, we can grab some food next door or something.

Edit 2: Nice, picking my copy of Red Forest up from Mike tonight.

Yeah, it's awesome. Crazy how much inventory he has compared to when he opened 11 years ago. Great prices, and great people there too.

Edit: Let me know the next time you're down here, we can grab some food next door or something.

Edit 2: Nice, picking my copy of Red Forest up from Mike tonight.

I'll be there on RSD (probably), unless they say they aren't getting most of what I am looking for, but I'm sure they will. I'm not looking for anything too crazy.

But yeah that would be cool!

I've got $30 to spend there on a gift card. I've never checked it out before. Definitely puts it higher on my priorities list now that you guys are giving it a thumbs up.

Yeah man it's definitely a sweet little shop. Some decent used stuff in there at times. I snagged a Silversun Pickups 2x LP Swoon for $9.

ITTCT better bring it on this upcoming album.

IMO they need to cross the 'threshold' before their discography sounds like one long ass song.

I'll tell Mike what you said when I meet him tonight :P

Tell them to go on tour.

Just got back from meeting up with him.

New album details very soon, should be out June/July. Album release show same time at Musica for us NE Ohio people, and they should start touring in August. He also gave me a free poster and some CDs along with the record. He also said they have about 70 more copies of Red Forest left, they just put 30 up to gauge interest, and it sold out super quick. He said the rest will go up soon, if anyone missed it.

ircWT5B.jpg

Oh wait I think this is that pressing they did for their tour and didn't get it or something. I think Even is one of the few that has this due to finding it at a shop in OH. So this is probably its first time going up for sale.

That might be it too. I thought it was weird there was no discogs entry for this variant. 

Just bought the CD edition of AtE/BtS and the S/T record. Always love having band-released CDs. Wish the Red Forest was still in stock; oh well!

Also, just got my personal package from Dunk! today. Back a month or so ago, Wout still had it so that if you ordered 50euros or more, it was free shipping. By the time I went to check out with my cart full of shit though, it was changed! He still gave me a free shipping code, and so I bought a few more things.

Ended up getting:

Kokomo hoodie

Kokomo S/T CD

Kokomo If Wolves CD

Astralia - Atlas clear blue swirl LP

YONL - Ausserwelt black 2xLP

Just finished listening to LP1 of Ausserwelt. WOWWWW DUUUUUDE!!!!

This pressing sounds fucking fantastic. The gatefold is beautiful too, the reverse board print came out really well (I think that's what this is; it's like, 'rougher' and matte finished, not a glossy smooth sheen).

The Kokomo CD's came out really well too. First Euro package that didn't come super fucked up to my house! Although I did fuck myself over, because I sliced a little too deep with my exacto knife opening the box, and cut the beautiful thick plastic outer sleeve of Ausserwelt an inch or 2. Grrrr! These sleeves are beautiful, nice and thick and very clear.

This dude doesn't fuck around with his label!!!

Just bought the CD edition of AtE/BtS and the S/T record. Always love having band-released CDs. Wish the Red Forest was still in stock; oh well!

Also, just got my personal package from Dunk! today. Back a month or so ago, Wout still had it so that if you ordered 50euros or more, it was free shipping. By the time I went to check out with my cart full of shit though, it was changed! He still gave me a free shipping code, and so I bought a few more things.

Ended up getting:

Kokomo hoodie

Kokomo S/T CD

Kokomo If Wolves CD

Astralia - Atlas clear blue swirl LP

YONL - Ausserwelt black 2xLP

Just finished listening to LP1 of Ausserwelt. WOWWWW DUUUUUDE!!!!

This pressing sounds fucking fantastic. The gatefold is beautiful too, the reverse board print came out really well (I think that's what this is; it's like, 'rougher' and matte finished, not a glossy smooth sheen).

The Kokomo CD's came out really well too. First Euro package that didn't come super fucked up to my house! Although I did fuck myself over, because I sliced a little too deep with my exacto knife opening the box, and cut the beautiful thick plastic outer sleeve of Ausserwelt an inch or 2. Grrrr! These sleeves are beautiful, nice and thick and very clear.

This dude doesn't fuck around with his label!!!

Dammit Gumbo. I told you I had ITTCT CDs I could have sold you. You overpaying sumbitch lol.

Oh wait I think this is that pressing they did for their tour and didn't get it or something. I think Evan is one of the few that has this due to finding it at a shop in OH. So this is probably its first time going up for sale.

Fixed. haha

And yes. Random-ass find & I was pumped! It's a sweet looking splatter as well.

https://instagram.com/p/9Pejv-vSIZ/

• jhulud locked this topic